• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Everyone remembers Assombalonga’s loan spell here but Johnson Clarke-Harris had a forgettable loan spell here, which just goes to show how important setting (a supportive manager, playing to your strengths etc) is for a player’s success.

It’s customary in these circumstances to link to the clip you want people to watch…

Seen it where?
London shrimper retweeted a journalist claiming this.

Not that much now tbh. Maybe if it was 2004 not 2024.
No, it really is huge.

Cards, Noor, Morton, Kensdale etc all really took 6 months to make the step up from NLN/S to NL as it’s switching from part-time to full-time (and they all had come through EFL clubs). This is both coming from a step lower and going to a step higher.

Tshimanga, Josh Walker struggled to make the step up from NL to L2 (they initially went higher but still struggled when loaned to L2).

Jack Wood is probably the closest we’ve had attempt to leap so many divisions recently and he’s still a peripheral figure two and a half years later.

Or there’s Emile Acquah when he made his debut after being recalled from on loan at Harlow in the Isthmian Prem. Didn’t become a regular in L2 for a further four and a half years.

Ironically 2004 is the last example I can think of someone successfully making that jump. Even then Freddy had two months in Conference South for newly promoted Grays before joining us in October.

No, it really is huge.

Cards, Noor, Morton, Kensdale etc all really took 6 months to make the step up from NLN/S to NL as it’s switching from part-time to full-time (and they all had come through EFL clubs). This is both coming from a step lower and going to a step higher.

Tshimanga, Josh Walker struggled to make the step up from NL to L2 (they initially went higher but still struggled when loaned to L2).

Jack Wood is probably the closest we’ve had attempt to leap so many divisions recently and he’s still a peripheral figure two and a half years later.

Or there’s Emile Acquah when he made his debut after being recalled from on loan at Harlow in the Isthmian Prem. Didn’t become a regular in L2 for a further four and a half years.

Ironically 2004 is the last example I can think of someone successfully making that jump. Even then Freddy had two months in Conference South for newly promoted Grays before joining us in October.

Grays were in the Conference National when we signed Freddy. They’ve fallen a long way since but were going through the most successful spell in their history in those days. For a small non-league club they’ve had quite a few players kick on to decent Football League (and in the case of Kightly - Premier League) careers.

Grays were in the Conference National when we signed Freddy. They’ve fallen a long way since but were going through the most successful spell in their history in those days. For a small non-league club they’ve had quite a few players kick on to decent Football League (and in the case of Kightly - Premier League) careers.
In which case I stand corrected.

Conference South actually

Conference South actually
ChatGPT told me Conference National and I seem to remember there was only one division between us at the time. But I’ve found a BBC article from when we signed him and they’ve said Conference South so I tend to agree with you guys now.

Anyway unless Freddy’s coming out of retirement this is massively off topic so apologies.

ChatGPT told me Conference National and I seem to remember there was only one division between us at the time. But I’ve found a BBC article from when we signed him and they’ve said Conference South so I tend to agree with you guys now.

Anyway unless Freddy’s coming out of retirement this is massively off topic so apologies.
Was Def NLS. He was way way too good for that level though (obviously) and stood out.

Back