• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
I personally would be taking Posh supporter opinions with a huge grain of salt.

He had a really serious injury before he moved there. A move which was in the pipeline before that injury happened. There is nothing to suggest that he's not physically the same player as he was, or at least couldn't be. I think some people disregard the psychologicval side of a potentially career-ending injury though.

It must be a real struggle anyway, and that's before considering the fact that a club 2 levels higher up the pyramid, with a fanbase and owner expecting promotion, are waiting for your injury to heal so that they can sign you. It must have been a real added pressure.

Dropping back down to NL, with a club that plays good football, and a set of coaches who are great on the training pitch but also super supportive emotionally......it'll be a good environment, and if I were to back anybody to get him firing again, it'd be Kev, Darren Currie, Mark Bentley and John Still.

This would appear to be the most likely deal we could offer.

Posh want a substantial fee for him (Ā£300k has been quoted by Posh Chairman I think) and his wages would be way beyond our reach.

The only way we acquire Kabby, is via a loan just as BW did last season. With Posh doing us a favour with a percentage of his wage. This is where we need Mr Fry to help us out.

That's assuming he or Posh doesn't get a better offer from elsewhere of course...
Do we know how long he has left on his contract at posh?

Do we know how long he has left on his contract at posh?
2 years. So from Posh point of view if they canā€™t recoup a decent fee now, with a good sell on, they have time to loan him for a year, with someone else picking up the wages. Decent chance he will score regularly and they will then get more for him next year.
From ours if we get back to the EFL then more likely we can do a deal on a permanent.

2 years. So from Posh point of view if they canā€™t recoup a decent fee now, with a good sell on, they have time to loan him for a year, with someone else picking up the wages. Decent chance he will score regularly and they will then get more for him next year.
From ours if we get back to the EFL then more likely we can do a deal on a permanent.
Heā€™s on over 3k per week at posh nearer 4K

I personally would be taking Posh supporter opinions with a huge grain of salt.

He had a really serious injury before he moved there. A move which was in the pipeline before that injury happened. There is nothing to suggest that he's not physically the same player as he was, or at least couldn't be. I think some people disregard the psychologicval side of a potentially career-ending injury though.

It must be a real struggle anyway, and that's before considering the fact that a club 2 levels higher up the pyramid, with a fanbase and owner expecting promotion, are waiting for your injury to heal so that they can sign you. It must have been a real added pressure.

Dropping back down to NL, with a club that plays good football, and a set of coaches who are great on the training pitch but also super supportive emotionally......it'll be a good environment, and if I were to back anybody to get him firing again, it'd be Kev, Darren Currie, Mark Bentley and John Still.

To be fair to Peterboro fans, they have had their fair share of very good strikers in recent years and i guess TS didnt hit those heights..

a few examples

Ivan Toney
MArcus Maddison
Arron McLean
Johnson Clarke HArris
Britt Asssombalonga
George Boyd

To be fair to Peterboro fans, they have had their fair share of very good strikers in recent years and i guess TS didnt hit those heights..

a few examples

Ivan Toney
MArcus Maddison
Arron McLean
Johnson Clarke HArris
Britt Asssombalonga
George Boyd
Why Are your A's in cApitAls

a few examples

Ivan Toney
MArcus Maddison
Arron McLean
Johnson Clarke HArris
Britt Asssombalonga
George Boyd
... and
Mackail-Smith
Dwight Gayle...

An embarrassment of riches for the lower leagues.

Like I said, fans will always compare to previous players and that's of no fault of KT.

My only concern regarding this potential transfer is do we gave the necessary facilities and medical personnel to safeguard the risk of him getting injured again. I think we all knew the answer. That's the biggest area we need to improve on. Getting over to that new training ground and investing in the medical department. One really hopes that the latter is happening. As much as I'd like Tshimanga to sign, I'd take the signing of Ben Clarkson over him.

Last edited:

a few examples

Ivan Toney
MArcus Maddison
Arron McLean
Johnson Clarke HArris
Britt Asssombalonga
George Boyd

Yes - not every player signed will be a success - as we know from our experiences here. Peterborough splashed out on Coulthurst too I think.

Injury or not, I think if we played the opening game of the season and saw Tshimanga was starting up top for York you'd view that as a real threat and a player that needs marking out of the game.

Let's hope there's 46+ occasions this season that the opposition fans are doing that after seeing our lineup..

Heā€™s on over 3k per week at posh nearer 4K
It appears a season long loan with the stumbling block being how much of his salary we pay- given heā€™s training with us I suspect it will get done but until it is defeat can still be snatched from the jaws of victory

Iā€™ve just gone through and watched his goals for Boreham Wood from the second half of last season and he was doing exactly what a remember him doing for Chesterfield at this level - bullying defenders, scoring tap ins and scoring goals he had no right to. Have a look at his second vs Fylde in February. šŸ˜³
From his point of view with a season long loan itā€™s about putting himself in the shop window (for Posh too). With us he will be in a good side that creates chances and pushing for promotionā€¦scoring less goals in a struggling L2 side may therefore be less attractive

Josh Anifowose is currently on trial at Barnet after previously being playing trial games for Hartlepool and Boreham Wood

Boston Utd, Southend and Dagenham are all interested in securing the young midfielders signature, with the 20-year-old being hot property this summeršŸ‘€

Just seen this regarding the midfielder weā€™re interested in..

a few examples

Ivan Toney
MArcus Maddison
Arron McLean
Johnson Clarke HArris
Britt Asssombalonga
George Boyd

Everyone remembers Assombalongaā€™s loan spell here but Johnson Clarke-Harris had a forgettable loan spell here, which just goes to show how important setting (a supportive manager, playing to your strengths etc) is for a playerā€™s success.

Iā€™ve just gone through and watched his goals for Boreham Wood from the second half of last season and he was doing exactly what a remember him doing for Chesterfield at this level - bullying defenders, scoring tap ins and scoring goals he had no right to. Have a look at his second vs Fylde in February. šŸ˜³
Itā€™s customary in these circumstances to link to the clip you want people to watchā€¦

Josh Anifowose is currently on trial at Barnet after previously being playing trial games for Hartlepool and Boreham Wood

Boston Utd, Southend and Dagenham are all interested in securing the young midfielders signature, with the 20-year-old being hot property this summeršŸ‘€

Just seen this regarding the midfielder weā€™re interested in..
Seen it where?

Back