• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
How embarrassing for a club to even approach a player who is 26 and just scored 7 goals in the very league we are trying to sign him up to, to then offer a one year deal. If he was 34, with a long history of injuries, fair enough. He is in his prime and can boast a fantastic record at this level. It would be totally disrespectful to make such offer imo.

We are trying to rebuild our reputation amongst agents and clubs, offering one year deals to a player like KT would certainly hinder that progress.
Not sure Riggers is actually suggesting we have put that offer to KT.

Iā€™d be interested to see what positions were after . Tl saying more will come I donā€™t think we need that much a keeper attacking mid and a st would say would be us set.

I've heard that Mcallum is keen to move to us but Eastleigh have asked for a silly amount of money. He is also on a very big wage at Eastleigh but is willing to take a cut in wages.

I'd be very surprised if Eastleigh lower their price enough for us to sign him.
How do Eastleigh afford his salary??, if heā€™s on anywhere near the quoted salary thatā€™s madness for a small club

From Posh boards today;

View attachment 32963
This would appear to be the most likely deal we could offer.

Posh want a substantial fee for him (Ā£300k has been quoted by Posh Chairman I think) and his wages would be way beyond our reach.

The only way we acquire Kabby, is via a loan just as BW did last season. With Posh doing us a favour with a percentage of his wage. This is where we need Mr Fry to help us out.

That's assuming he or Posh doesn't get a better offer from elsewhere of course...

This would appear to be the most likely deal we could offer.

Posh want a substantial fee for him and his wages would be way beyond our reach.

The only way we acquire Kabby, is via a loan just as BW did last season.

That's assuming he doesn't get a better offer from elsewhere of course...
Looks like he has and turned them down?

I think makes perfect sense too. We clearly cant afford him, but could get promoted with that sort of firepower and re-asses if it is a promotion season and/or if Cardwell stays or goes.

Good deals all round.

Posh are known for their high loan fees though...

Why the love for him at Posh?? Is this a concernā€¦ Is this nickname due to a specific problem.
Only a loan but still great news.

Our gain is their loss

We should go bankrupt in the meantime so we can avoid taking him back.

Best of luck to him but honestly what a bad signing

I honestly think he is the worst player we have paid a six figure fee for. And there's been some daft ones.

He's an utter cart horse

Example of their board from one of the times he was loaned out :D

Only a loan but still great news.

Our gain is their loss

We should go bankrupt in the meantime so we can avoid taking him back.

Best of luck to him but honestly what a bad signing

I honestly think he is the worst player we have paid a six figure fee for. And there's been some daft ones.

He's an utter cart horse

Example of their board from one of the times he was loaned out :D
Were national league there league one Iā€™d be really excited tbh

How do Eastleigh afford his salary??, if heā€™s on anywhere near the quoted salary thatā€™s madness for a small club
Former Eastleigh owner Stewart Donald has agreed a deal to purchase Eastleigh, five years after selling the club.

Donald was chairman of the National League side for seven years before selling the club in 2018.

He then led a consortium which took over Sunderland, but the former Premier League club failed to win promotion out of League One under his stewardship.

Donald sold a controlling stake in the Black Cats in 2021.

Last year, the businessman said that he would like to return to Eastleigh if he could sell his remaining stake in Sunderland.

Donald went on to sell a portion of his shares in Sunderland to owner Kyril Louis-Dreyfus in June 2022 but said in an interview with with BBC Radio Solent that he still retains a 9% shareholding in the club.

Eastleigh said Donald's takeover was subject to approval by the National League, English Football League and Department of Culture, Media and Sport and that he would purchase a controlling stake from the four majority shareholders. This article is from 27th April 2023. They were glad to get him back as they were struggling monetary wise, with what supporters were saying was a " fire sale of players ", a couple of seasons ago. They got Paul McCallum on a free transfer.

Eastleigh Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of striker, Paul McCallum, following his departure from Dagenham & Redbridge.

30th May 2023

McCallum is joining the Spitfires for the second time, having previously made 67 appearances for the club, scoring 35 goals between 2017 and 2019.

The striker spent plenty of time on loan from West Ham United between 2012 and 2015 at Rochdale, AFC Wimbledon, Aldershot Town, Torquay United, Hearts, and Portsmouth.

This spell of loans was followed by a permanent transfer to Leyton Orient where he made 39 appearances.
In 2017, McCallum joined Eastleigh for two successful years in Hampshire, scoring 35 goals in 67 appearances.

Solihull Moors would be his next destination when he departed the Silverlake Stadium in 2019. McCallum went on to make 21 appearances, scoring eight goals in that time.

A short stint at Barnet saw him score four goals in five appearances before he completed a permanent move to Dagenham & Redbridge.

It was at the East London club where the striker found the most game time having made 95 appearances and scoring 39 goals during his time there.

McCallum-Diversity-Day-YT-Thumbnail-1024x576.jpg
Paul McCallum scored 39 goals at Dagenham & Redbridge.
In February 2023, McCallum went on loan to Chesterfield where he helped the Spireites reach the National League play-off final.

When asked about joining the Spitfires, McCallum said: ā€œThis offer stood out the most to me because I feel like I have unfinished business having lost in the play-off semi-finalā€¦ Itā€™s good to be back.ā€

The Spitfires manager, Lee Bradbury, commented: ā€œIā€™m really pleased to get the deal done, to have someone of his experience and stature is great and itā€™ll be exciting times moving forward.ā€

31 goals in all competitions last season in a fairly mediocre Eastleigh side, I hope that they have had conversations with Eastleigh/ Agent about him, he will get you 25-30 goals a season with the service he would get with us.

Last edited:
To balance the negativity, my Posh supporting made has said;

We signed him when in the championship, for a big fee, after he had been injured long term.

He was never going to be championship quality right away - and didnt play much as wasnt fit. So just lingered around the ressies not doing a lot. Fergie then changed our philosophy of 2 up to the 3 - 1 and he doesnt work in any of those 4.

Neither did JCH but he was always a effective plan B coming off the bench

He'll do well at NL level.

Why the love for him at Posh?? Is this a concernā€¦ Is this nickname due to a specific problem.
To be fair, I'm sure Maidenhead and Barrow fans would be astonished at some of the quotes about Aquah. You'll always get fans that say such harsh things.

As others have said, he jumped from non-league to the Championship. That is not easy at all. We need to critique the NL version, not the league 1 version. If he was league 1 standard, we wouldn't be linked. Posh fans would be subconsciously comparing him to some of the unbelievable talent they've had up top over the years. Amongst that talent, he would look out of place.

Back