• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Good. Wouldnā€™t want it any other way. We can be treated like the Millwall of the National League for all I care.
Have to confess to a soft spot for Millwall. When I worked in Lambeth, lots of Millwall fans there and I went to a few games with them. They also hate West Ham so thatā€™s always a good thing. Went to some of the most fearsome boozers Iā€™ve ever experienced with these boys.

Have to confess to a soft spot for Millwall. When I worked in Lambeth, lots of Millwall fans there and I went to a few games with them. They also hate West Ham so thatā€™s always a good thing. Went to some of the most fearsome boozers Iā€™ve ever experienced with these boys.
Likewise many years ago used to work with a diehard Millwall fan from Bermondsey and went to a few games of theirs. Wouldnā€™t say I have a soft spot at all .. but definitely prefer them to the claret and blue ****s.

Perhaps now is a good point to allow the facts to interrupt a good story as regards Tshimanga and his injury. Statistically as a forward he will return from injury as a better playerā€¦

My friend said something similar after his first ACL 'technically it's stronger now that it was before'. He stopped playing football after it happened a second time and has still managed to rack up five surgeries. These are two different injuries and standards in treatment available is wildly different for sure but the notion of 'you're better than you were before' is still the same.

Last edited:
A quick sweep of some of the opposition boards suggests we're as popular as a fart in a spacesuit to some, but grudgingly, many of them reckon we'll be dangerous, we'll be up there and we'll be up for it. That will do me.
And they won't mind the dosh our travelling support put into their clubs' coffers, either.

Not sure if someone is being playful or optimistic (I suspect the latter), but it looks as though the Senior Career section of Kabongo Tshimanga's wikipedia page has been less than skilfully updated.

For comparison purposes. both Josh Walker and Joe Gubbins are showing as current team Southend United, and our club now appears on their list of clubs, albeit with 0 appearances.

My friend said something similar after his first ACL 'technically it's stronger now that it was before'. He stopped playing football after it happened a second time and has still managed to rack up five surgeries. These are two different injuries and standards in treatment available is wildly different for sure but the notion of 'you're better than you were before' is still the same.
Indeed- there are the myths and then the empirical evidence. The latter suggests the past injury should not make a repeat any more likely or make any lasting impact on performance.

Well ive stated previously that we are in need of another striker , lets not kid ourselves there are going to be injuries , when CARDS first came to the club i referred to him as cardboard because it seemed one knock and he went missing for a few weeks ,Im happy to say he proved me wrong but im sure most off our strikers will miss matches at times this season if it Tshmanga i will be very satisfied ,he will score for fun here of that im certain also,I understand COSU being cautious with funds as so much needed to be done to get RH pretty again, and all parts of RH fit for the fans so we once again have a capacity of 10000 , but saying that if they also serious about getting out of this league then a player of the calibre of Tshmanga plus a creative playmaker are a must . Can Coker fill the role of playmaker i dont know .

That would be in our favour but I'm not sure that the player & their agent would be pleased with that.

One year or "pay as you play" is often mentioned on here. The only players who would except that are the ones no one wants. The sort that would be last on JS and Kevs list.

Any decent agent doing his job would put the phone down on that offer and not speak to SUFC again.

One year or "pay as you play" is often mentioned on here. The only players who would except that are the ones no one wants. The sort that would be last on JS and Kevs list.

Any decent agent doing his job would put the phone down on that offer and not speak to SUFC again.
How embarrassing for a club to even approach a player who is 26 and just scored 7 goals in the very league we are trying to sign him up to, to then offer a one year deal. If he was 34, with a long history of injuries, fair enough. He is in his prime and can boast a fantastic record at this level. It would be totally disrespectful to make such offer imo.

We are trying to rebuild our reputation amongst agents and clubs, offering one year deals to a player like KT would certainly hinder that progress.

Back