• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Does he have other options? Iā€™m sure the three amigos know what theyā€™re doing.
We might have an advantage here as I think Maher signed him on loan when he was at Chelmsford.

Maher has a track record of keeping in touch with loanees and persuading them to return when they could play at a higher level (Łopata, Gubbins although he lost out on Dennis).

Plus the prospect of being supplied by Jack Bridge (who was also on loan at Chelmsford at the time) might be too much to resist for any striker.

We might have an advantage here as I think Maher signed him on loan when he was at Chelmsford.

Maher has a track record of keeping in touch with loanees and persuading them to return when they could play at a higher level (Łopata, Gubbins although he lost out on Dennis).

Plus the prospect of being supplied by Jack Bridge (who was also on loan at Chelmsford at the time) might be too much to resist for any striker.
I hope you're not being a bit too fanciful there Yorkie!

For Me the risk is to great!
Always rated the fella but I feel the injury has affected his play to no surprise!
I would love for this signing but not sure I would break the bank sadly.

Not disputing He's a good player!
Just not the player He was.

Nothing wrong at all just not the player pre injury!
Still a great player in the national league.
You come over as very sure of yourself for something that you even admit is only based on a feeling.

Only time will tell (hopefully) if you're right or not.

After the great weekend I would love for this signing and goes on to be leading goalscorer this season!
My fear was the injury, kev,John and the management know alot more than Me so in them I have faith.
And based on the 7 in 16 he scored last season you've got to say maybe they're basing their decision on more than gut feeling.

Obviously I caveat that by pointing out none of us have any idea what may or may not happen.

I know COSU said that they aren't taking the Wrexham approach but it sounds very much like we will be signing a third player from 2 leagues above.

COSU are committed to us living within our means. I donā€™t see them breaking the bank for anyone, particularly in an area where we already have three very good players. I donā€™t have inside information on this, but I donā€™t see it happening. Will we make a bid? Probably. Will it be enough? I donā€™t think so.
Is this McCallum or Tshimanga?

COSU are committed to us living within our means. I donā€™t see them breaking the bank for anyone, particularly in an area where we already have three very good players. I donā€™t have inside information on this, but I donā€™t see it happening. Will we make a bid? Probably. Will it be enough? I donā€™t think so.
Get back to the efl then cut the cloth šŸ˜™

A quick sweep of some of the opposition boards suggests we're as popular as a fart in a spacesuit to some, but grudgingly, many of them reckon we'll dangerous, we'll be up there and we'll be up for it. That will do me.
Good. Wouldnā€™t want it any other way. We can be treated like the Millwall of the National League for all I care.

Back