• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
I'm saying they are true. I'm not saying we will get him, as other clubs can pay him much more.
Wages will always be the stumbling block when taking players from the EFL.

I guess itā€™s a tricky decision for COSU to make. Is Kabongo worth pushing the budget a little for?

Personally, I think he would compliment and complete our forward options and give us a forward line capable of delivering the goals needed to make a real push for promotion. It would be a shame to miss out on him. Especially after missing out on Pearce and many others due to the embargo.

However, we must not get silly and must draw a line somewhere on what we can and canā€™t afford. This is a situation where one of those fan funded transfer kittyā€™s would of been handy for us.

I guess itā€™s a tricky decision for COSU to make. Is Kabongo worth pushing the budget a little for?

Personally, I think he would compliment and complete our forward options and give us a forward line capable of delivering the goals needed to make a real push for promotion. It would be a shame to miss out on him. Especially after missing out on Pearce and many others due to the embargo.

However, we must not get silly and must draw a line somewhere on what we can and canā€™t afford. This is a situation where one of those fan funded transfer kittyā€™s would have been handy for us.
I would happily donate towards a fan funded transfer kitty for sure I mentioned this a while ago .

Start of the season fast approaching, gaps in the squad that have to be filled and yet slim pickings on the rumour front. Have the club fixed the leaks ?

However, we must not get silly and must draw a line somewhere on what we can and canā€™t afford. This is a situation where one of those fan funded transfer kittyā€™s would have been handy for us.
I agree with all that other than completing the forward line. We currently have no real back up for Cards.

Three up top?

Would seem to be that way. Might also help explain why Wes was going to have a reduced role (you wouldnā€™t want him in a midfield two) yet we havenā€™t been linked with a midfield replacement for him yet.

I agree with all that other than completing the forward line. We currently have no real back up for Cards.

Would seem to be that way. Might also help explain why Wes was going to have a reduced role (you wouldnā€™t want him in a midfield two) yet we havenā€™t been linked with a midfield replacement for him yet.
Granted. I was more suggesting in terms of permanent signings. Agree perhaps a loanee on top if required, in the Cards mould.

Penalties don't count?
In our past there has been more than one Blues side where that seemed to be the case as we never seemed to score from them!
I didnā€™t say that.

If Player A scores 20 goals a season and 10 are penalties. He scores 20 goals.

If he joins a team and say jack bridge takes the penalties, donā€™t have a dig at Player A for scoring 10 goals that next season.

I did think this myself!

Yeh I follow London Shrimper on X and heā€™s usually bob on. I mean I hope itā€™s true I think he would be a great addition for us.

I've always though CP knows as much as London Shrimper but just can't say it until it's a certainty.

Whenever CP puts an article out about a transfer it is usually official very soon after.

Barnet might of signed 9 players we got a scary
For McCullum to be coming here, heā€™d have to take a significant pay cut, at least 60% straight away.

As I did a post about squad size quality vs quantity in a post match thread previously (possibly after our first friend), McCullum would mean weā€™d be taking quality over quantity, but considering we have Cards, Waldron & Walker already, Iā€™d be shocked.

Tshimanga, if all the figures Iā€™m being told are correct, purely on wages (forgetting about transfer fees, signing on fees, loan fees or whatever) Tshimanga would be the ā€œcheaperā€ of the two.
60 per cent Jesus god I bet there paying him 4,000 a week

Reactions: GBJ
How often have you seen him play, thatā€™s what Iā€™m getting at?

How often do we watch any players play apart from our own?

He obviously wasnā€™t a league one or league two player as it never worked out at Peterborough for him, and he didnā€™t have a career ending injury, as he is still playing. Letā€™s not state that as a fact, when it quite simply isnā€™t the case.

Are we knocking Walker because he has ended up back in the national league?

As Iā€™ve stated, he will not be earning the same sort of figures as McCullum, and people are adamant we sign him, and have learnt no lessons from the past.

We might sign him, we might not, we might sign McCullum, we might not. Letā€™s just trust the management trio, and John Still and his army of scouts. Iā€™d trust them to spot a player more than any of us to be honest.

I've seen him before his injury and at times he was unplayable. Hence he got a move to league 1.

He got an injury which has ended many players career's. To come back at the same levels isn't usually something that happens. Hopefully he can, as anything close to his previous form would be a cracking player.

It sounds like he is going to be a shrimper and he will get my full support, just the same as the rest.

Back