• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Based on what?

Iā€™ll be honest, Iā€™ve seen the odd highlight clip of him at Boreham Wood first time around, and nothing of him afterwards (I missed Boreham Wood at home last season).

How many times did you see him pre and post injury?

His goal return last season was very good, as has already been pointed out and without penalties (because apparently penalties donā€™t count anymore šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø)
Iā€™m not too knowledgable of the abilities of opposition players at this level, but I took a look out for him in that boredom wood game last season and he really wasnā€™t very good. It was just a one off game of course, but he would need to usually be way better to get anywhere near that team that got us relegated from league 2. But Maher and co will have seen him way more last season (post injury) so we should trust in them.

Penalties do count, but if someone scores 10 goals a season on average, of which 5 are penalties. If jack bridge then takes the penalties here, donā€™t give them grief if they score 5 goals that next season.

I've already said on here how good it would be to potentially sign Tshimanga and can't believe we are even having a debate about whether it would be a good signing. Baring in mind we've only just been saved and had to play Vilhete and Kabongolo up front last season.

The player in question was unreal at this level for Chesterfield. Many of their fans rated him above Mullin at the time. Below is an extract from the Fleetwood website when they signed him. When reading it, you realise how good he was:

September 2023

Tshimanga, who has been a prolific goal scorer over the last six seasons, arrives on the Fylde Coast with almost 300 appearances, more than 130 goals, and multiple accolades to his name.

Not only was the 26-year-old named in the Team of the Year four seasons in a row, whilst at Oxford City, Boreham Wood, and Chesterfield respectively, but he also won awards for Player of the Year and Playersā€™ Player of the Year at multiple clubs.

During this time, the former England C international netted goals in the three-digit range, with his most prolific season coming in the 2018/19 campaign for Oxford City, where he managed to score 37 goals across all competitions.

That is some CV!

Of course, there is a possibility that the injury may have hindered him slightly, but 7 goals for Borehamwood who were terrible and struggled to score, is a great return. Imagine how many he could get with us, with the amount of chances we create?

I really think we need to take a step back and pinch ourselves if we are genuinely turning our noses up at players like this. To even be linked with him is surreal for me to be honest. I can't believe we are in this moment. Let's just be a tad realistic and enjoy the process and trust in Kev and Co.

Based on what?

Iā€™ll be honest, Iā€™ve seen the odd highlight clip of him at Boreham Wood first time around, and nothing of him afterwards (I missed Boreham Wood at home last season).

How many times did you see him pre and post injury?

His goal return last season was very good, as has already been pointed out and without penalties (because apparently penalties donā€™t count anymore šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø)

I see him tearing teams apart pre injury.

Easily a league 2 or league 1 player.

The fact he ended up back in the national league says a lot.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be delighted to sign him and completely trust the judgement of the management team.

The fact remains he had a career ending injury and it will take its toll on any player, particularly those who use explosive pace as a large part of their game.

It's just whether he has lost 5 or 10% as a result or 20%.

I wasn't knocking the player at all, just merely being pragmatic. After all, we have signed high earning players with a history of injury and it hasn't ended well.

If the management and owners are sure this is the player to give the team that extra 10% in tight games, then that's good enough for me.

I see him tearing teams apart pre injury.

Easily a league 2 or league 1 player.

The fact he ended up back in the national league says a lot.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be delighted to sign him and completely trust the judgement of the management team.

The fact remains he had a career ending injury and it will take its toll on any player, particularly those who use explosive pace as a large part of their game.

It's just whether he has lost 5 or 10% as a result or 20%.

I wasn't knocking the player at all, just merely being pragmatic. After all, we have signed high earning players with a history of injury and it hasn't ended well.

If the management and owners are sure this is the player to give the team that extra 10% in tight games, then that's good enough for me.

How often have you seen him play, thatā€™s what Iā€™m getting at?

How often do we watch any players play apart from our own?

He obviously wasnā€™t a league one or league two player as it never worked out at Peterborough for him, and he didnā€™t have a career ending injury, as he is still playing. Letā€™s not state that as a fact, when it quite simply isnā€™t the case.

Are we knocking Walker because he has ended up back in the national league?

As Iā€™ve stated, he will not be earning the same sort of figures as McCullum, and people are adamant we sign him, and have learnt no lessons from the past.

We might sign him, we might not, we might sign McCullum, we might not. Letā€™s just trust the management trio, and John Still and his army of scouts. Iā€™d trust them to spot a player more than any of us to be honest.

Iā€™m not too knowledgable of the abilities of opposition players at this level, but I took a look out for him in that boredom wood game last season and he really wasnā€™t very good. It was just a one off game of course, but he would need to usually be way better to get anywhere near that team that got us relegated from league 2. But Maher and co will have seen him way more last season (post injury) so we should trust in them.

Penalties do count, but if someone scores 10 goals a season on average, of which 5 are penalties. If jack bridge then takes the penalties here, donā€™t give them grief if they score 5 goals that next season.

Of course penalties count, but the amount that people knock people that score penalties is crazy. Cole Palmer has had an unbelievable season for Chelsea, and people point to the amount of penalties he has scored as if they donā€™t count.

At our level, Iā€™ve heard people knock Jack Bridgeā€™s return because some of them are penalties.

If Walker (as he has been taking penalties) scores 25 goals and 20 of them are penalties I couldnā€™t car less.

Of course penalties count, but the amount that people knock people that score penalties is crazy. Cole Palmer has had an unbelievable season for Chelsea, and people point to the amount of penalties he has scored as if they donā€™t count.

At our level, Iā€™ve heard people knock Jack Bridgeā€™s return because some of them are penalties.

If Walker (as he has been taking penalties) scores 25 goals and 20 of them are penalties I couldnā€™t car less.
Iā€™m not saying they didnā€™t count last season as they do. But they wonā€™t count next season if the player doesnā€™t take them.

If we have 2 players who take good penalties, Iā€™d rather the next signing adds us something different. If they can also take penalties, then fine, but building a team is about being good at everything

Iā€™m not saying they didnā€™t count last season as they do. But they wonā€™t count next season if the player doesnā€™t take them.

If we have 2 players who take good penalties, Iā€™d rather the next signing adds us something different. If they can also take penalties, then fine, but building a team is about being good at everything

Iā€™m not suggesting we sign a player who takes penalties, I think our wires are getting crossed here.

Penalties don't count?
In our past there has been more than one Blues side where that seemed to be the case as we never seemed to score from them!

I'm hearing this is very much a possibility. We're very close, but other clubs interested. Tshimanga would be the WOW signing. The type of forward that runs at people with the ball, and is a constant threat. It's been our achilles heel when other teams forwards have done that to us. Loads of experience, but only 26 years old. A great scoring record. The forward line would be well and truly sorted. No need to bring in the likes of Dackers and Sandat on loan, but of course we thank them for their time at the club.

Back