• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
For McCullum to be coming here, heā€™d have to take a significant pay cut, at least 60% straight away.

As I did a post about squad size quality vs quantity in a post match thread previously (possibly after our first friend), McCullum would mean weā€™d be taking quality over quantity, but considering we have Cards, Waldron & Walker already, Iā€™d be shocked.

Tshimanga, if all the figures Iā€™m being told are correct, purely on wages (forgetting about transfer fees, signing on fees, loan fees or whatever) Tshimanga would be the ā€œcheaperā€ of the two.
The only thing is with Tshimanga we then really donā€™t have any cover for Cards in terms of aerial threatā€¦so if Cards gets injuredā€¦.so maybe other than McCallum there is someone else on the whiteboard- that said turning down Tshimanga if itā€™s realistic wouldnā€™t be easy either..

The only thing is with Tshimanga we then really donā€™t have any cover for Cards in terms of aerial threatā€¦so if Cards gets injuredā€¦.so maybe other than McCallum there is someone else on the whiteboard- that said turning down Tshimanga if itā€™s realistic wouldnā€™t be easy either..
Based on pre season so far we definitely need another attacker. Cards if injured would be a big miss.

We're in the mix.
I would definitely say we would give him the right kind of service to potentially recapture his previous goal scoring ability. Yes there is recent injury history but still worth pursuing. It might just pay us to make sure that our Medical dept gets the upgrade it needs!

For McCullum to be coming here, heā€™d have to take a significant pay cut, at least 60% straight away.

As I did a post about squad size quality vs quantity in a post match thread previously (possibly after our first friend), McCullum would mean weā€™d be taking quality over quantity, but considering we have Cards, Waldron & Walker already, Iā€™d be shocked.

Tshimanga, if all the figures Iā€™m being told are correct, purely on wages (forgetting about transfer fees, signing on fees, loan fees or whatever) Tshimanga would be the ā€œcheaperā€ of the two.
I find that surprising seeing what Darragh MacAntony was saying about him on his pod. Wanted about Ā£300k for him.

Makes sense but tbh Tshimanga hasn't been the same player since

Based on what?

Iā€™ll be honest, Iā€™ve seen the odd highlight clip of him at Boreham Wood first time around, and nothing of him afterwards (I missed Boreham Wood at home last season).

How many times did you see him pre and post injury?

His goal return last season was very good, as has already been pointed out and without penalties (because apparently penalties donā€™t count anymore šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø)

I donā€™t understand why people keep saying ā€œhe isnā€™t the same player after his injuryā€ when they have barely seen him play.

He is a natural goalscorer at this level, who made the leap to league 1 and didnā€™t make the grade, much like Walker.

Yes he has had a bad injury but I think his spell back at Boringwood last season shows you he hasnā€™t lost his touch.

Back