• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Ralphā€™s out for one game. Weā€™re not gonna sign someone to cover that and nor should we.

I can see us bringing a CB in for Taylor as weā€™re short in that area anyway with Kensdaleā€™s departure. Funny how things change so quickly because in the summer Iā€™d have said centre half was one of the positions we had most coverage for.
I must have missed it but I still didnā€™t know what kensdale did

Sorry, I might be missing something but why do we have to wait till January to start building the squad when most of our signings will be non league?

Are we still recruiting mostly from non-league?

Anyway I think itā€™s easier to recruit from non-league in the second half of the year when players are coming to the end of the contract. Ā£25k seems a lot more enticing for a team safely in midtable in January for a player whoā€™ll be gone in May anyway than it does at the start of the season.

You do get a lot of confirmation bias in things like this.
From fans or from managers trying to get their board to sanction the extra wages for signing an experienced player?

Back