• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Irrespective of the injures (which is a hugely significant number), the tiredness and fatigue is there for all to see too. There are many factors for that fatigue that has already been mentioned, but they are factors that are valid and genuine. As a result, our high press cannot be sustained in consecutive games that are so close together.

Pepple was an absolute beast on Saturday, against a better opponent. Yet, yesterday, he was absolutely gone within ten minutes. Husin was exactly the same and Moncur was on the same parallel.

It was exactly the same team that played so well and so attacking on Saturday, so we know they can do it, they just don't have the fitness to. The squad depth (lack of) is killing how we want to play. I've been a huge advocate for being patient and not overspending, but we are getting down to the bare bones (Tilly classic) and something does need to be done in some form. I don't know what that is, because we won't overpay and Maher doesn't particularly like loans. However, this current group can't keep playing game after game with no reprieve though, they need help and they need it soon. Relying on players 'maybe' coming back from injury isn't going to be enough.
I agree with some of what you have said. Obviously at the moment we are short of numbers and options. Kevin needs to build a squad that is capable of really pushing for promotion. That will start in earnest in January. We over achieved last season given the almost unique circumstances. Losing the spine of that team is hurting at the moment and if we were able to better last season that would be a bigger achievement. I am pretty sure that but for the last Transfer Embargo we would be in a much better position squad wise. Sure we lost some likely targets, but exactly who, will remain as speculation.

Some have said before and I agree that over 20 years of mismanagement has led to position we find ourselves in. COSU have so far had just over 60 days to make a start on getting the Club back to where it belongs. Everything needs doing yesterday and the team is only part of what needs to be done.

I dont go with the fitness element being the reason players are below par. Whatever happened to consistency over a season, players who never seem to have a bad game.
We're looking at the 5% gain out of their legs, but missing the 10% from between their ears.

They are misunderstanding the team talk that goes " keep it tight 1st half and try to control them"... thats equating to "
pass around between yourselves and dont take a chance" ffs Fylde and Wealdstone were shocking 1st halves, when the best way for a winning team is to go grab goals early on and THEN control the play, until we score another.

Wiggy got it SO true with the quote these players are better than 3/4 of this division.
Theyre professionals, its not like Husin for example has to run miles on the wing, just overlap once or twice or take a chance, for gods sake he looked like he was at a training sesh..

Irrespective of the injures (which is a hugely significant number), the tiredness and fatigue is there for all to see too. There are many factors for that fatigue that has already been mentioned, but they are factors that are valid and genuine. As a result, our high press cannot be sustained in consecutive games that are so close together until we have much better strength in depth, right across the pitch, than we do now.
Absolutely agreed, with a small clarification added in bold.

Bonne had no pre-season and is already playing 90 minutes regularly. Clearly not fully up to speed or sharp. A few on here rubbish him but professional managers seem to think the opposite. It interesting how those looking for fault somehow forget his two assists. I’m sure we will move on to moaning about someone else soon enough.
You do get a lot of confirmation bias in things like this.

Don’t think so, isn’t he playing for Chelmsford.
I don't think he wants to play for anyone. Given the stresses and strains he put his knees through towards the end, I believe he wants to coach only in the hope of still being able to walk relatively normally in later years. That was one of the stumbling blocks of a contract with us.

I don't think he wants to play for anyone. Given the stresses and strains he put his knees through towards the end, I believe he wants to coach only in the hope of still being able to walk relatively normally in later years. That was one of the stumbling blocks of a contract with us.
In his interview in the Echo, he said he'd go p/t as a player, but can't do f/t anymore.

Back