• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
I know we definitely need more bodies in. But we have to get used of recruitment being done differently.
I for one am happy that the bailiffs and courts are being kept at bay. And considering the stress we suffered under the rat šŸ€ regime, this is now blissful.
Things will turn around Iā€™m sure. I will not go into meltdown over lack of signings.
To be honest I will be happy with a mid table finish this season and a better recruitment next summer.

To be honest I will be happy with a mid table finish this season and a better recruitment next summer.
For many fans expectations will be higher, but with only 7 weeks into the new season let's just say things haven't gone as expected so far?. What with losing Cardwell & Kensdale, plus several injuries & a suspension have left us with somewhat depleted numbers at present?.
But football is so unpredictable, & this time last season who'd have thought we'd go 16 games unbeaten until the last game of the season?.
JR & co have got a 5 years plan, but i wonder if we're not challenging for promotion in the 2nd half of the season, crowds will fall & their predicted income from est attendances will be somewhat lower than hoped for?. Time will tell.

I donā€™t understand why we havenā€™t got players in during these shortages, we managed with Kanu last year and I guess was more an emergency but also bringing in Hayes. Surely there are some short term loans that can tie us over for a month or two?

I donā€™t understand why we havenā€™t got players in during these shortages, we managed with Kanu last year and I guess was more an emergency but also bringing in Hayes. Surely there are some short term loans that can tie us over for a month or two?
Again...its multifaceted
Right player.
Right terms from club loaning, including % of wage as well as playing time.
Maybe players have said I'm not going national league.

My post was more because of tiredness and a need to rest players more to do with player management ,and im thinking loanees until January more than cover for Ralph or Taylor. Its apparent to me one off the resons we are so hot and cold is tiredness , from the fact we playing just about every tuesday and Saturday. How come we played so well Saturday and so lethargigicly Tuesday ,why thoughts is tiredness ,especially the likes of Moncur , Bonne who didnt get a preseason in with us. Loanees until January when the transfer window opens again in the EFL and some decent players become available would be what i would be looking at .
Don't buy this. Don't see this performance with other teams and for years players have played a few games in weeks and not lost the winning ability with no personnel change.

We were always playing risky with the little defenders we have currently, dire need of a couple of defensive signings.
Playing 5 at the back also increases this risk further as you have 5 specific roles to cover. Each one requires a very specific type of player that is not immediately replaceable.

Playing 5 at the back also increases this risk further as you have 5 specific roles to cover. Each one requires a very specific type of player that is not immediately replaceable.

Luckily for us we never play 5 at the back. JB is our luxury man wide left. Unfortunately his performances so far have been way below last season. And no we don't need Wes back, Jack just needs to cross the F***** ball.

So its more like 3.5 if you include GSM.

Luckily for us we never play 5 at the back. JB is our luxury man wide left. Unfortunately his performances so far have been way below last season. And no we don't need Wes back, Jack just needs to cross the F***** ball.

So its more like 3.5 if you include GSM.
I sit next to someone that constantly bemoans the 5 at the back. Within a minute of the game starting I ask him where Gus or Bridge is and he eventually finds them further up the pitch with Gust normally almost alongside our forwards.

People see a formation of 5-3-2 on paper and immediately think in straight lines like the 4-4-2 formation.

I am more frustrated that we not getting cover in, especially the injury situation we have now. Seeing clubs in our league snapped up players from higher up, even their crowds is 3 time less than our.

Last edited:
I am more frustrated that we not getting cover in, especially the injury situation we have now. Seeing clubs in our league snapped up players from higher up, even their crowds is 3 time less than our.
if your getting so frustrated waiting for us to bring players in why not go and support one of these other clubs that are signing players , Iā€™m certain those behind the scenes at Southend no exactly what they are doing at it will all come right in the end šŸ˜Š

Would have him back in a flash! He should never have been allowed to leave.

If he trained really hard for a month we could bring him on for 20mins instead of George Wind. By then we should have signed a decent CB because that's what we need not another right or left back

I sit next to someone that constantly bemoans the 5 at the back. Within a minute of the game starting I ask him where Gus or Bridge is and he eventually finds them further up the pitch with Gust normally almost alongside our forwards.

People see a formation of 5-3-2 on paper and immediately think in straight lines like the 4-4-2 formation.
Indeed itā€™s not even 5 at the back on paper as itā€™s 352 not 532ā€¦

Back