• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
In view of the turn this thread has taken, in the 60s I played in goal for Benfleet Athletic in the Thundermite League. I wasn't very good but I was worse in the outfield. I made a few spectacular saves but let in lots more soft goals. After one such I was confronted with an angry parent, red faced and screaming at me about how useless I was. In my twelve year old head I thought, "**** this" and never played again.

In view of the turn this thread has taken, in the 60s I played in goal for Benfleet Athletic in the Thundermite League. I wasn't very good but I was worse in the outfield. I made a few spectacular saves but let in lots more soft goals. After one such I was confronted with an angry parent, red faced and screaming at me about how useless I was. In my twelve year old head I thought, "**** this" and never played again.

Was he known as Wiggy?

Looks like a good post outside of transfer rumours. Sufc fans best personal footballing successes ?
In 1962 I was a regular in National Provincial bank's 7c team - in other words their tenth team. Often we would have only 8 or 9 players. I turned up at the ground in New Eltham one Saturday when we were due to play Westminster Bank's tenth team. They had only managed to muster 8 players, we had ten, so me being dispensable I was loaned out to them for the afternoon. I kept my NP shirt on and had the chance of a couple of tap ins, before my ex team mates realised who i was playing for by which time the ref ordered me to remove my shirt and I played the rest of the match in a vest.

View attachment 34035I would have liked him here
Obviously our defence is fine our midfield is fine and our forwards are fine too.
The subs bench provides strength to cover for injuries and for tactical changes so we don't actually need anyone either permanent or on loan!
So I will be most surprised if we don't beat Solihull Moors most convincingly 1-0, have agrest day out to our travelling supporters and remember to leave your drones at home!

Back