• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
To an extent this may be true but Kev keeps saying we are short of bodies and need people in..repeatedly.. so itā€™s not unreasonable for people to the agree with him? There are some who donā€™t think the situation is urgent and therefore, presumably, think Kev is wrong. I know whose opinion carries most weight with me. So whilst no tantrums certainly frustration.

That all said I remain confident things will look much better comes Xmas
Two things can be true, we need a body or two but obviously the right body at the right price is the guiding principle. Once the injured quartet are back things will look better.

Dont you just love Shrimpermoan , Makes me wonder if JR and the consortium read all this and feel regret that they save d our club. How people can be so impatient and expect immediate success . First priority for COSU was to always get the club back on an even keel , get all the debts that spineless rat and his off spring left the club with, that takes time and thankfully have the support of 7000 supporters through the gate and selling of 2000 shirts and god knows how many season tickets can only help shorten that period. Until then just sit back relax ,believe me our time will come, the club is layng the foundations for many years to come for not just you people now but your grand children and their children so they will not have to go through what all of you have had to.
I make you right, people are just desperate for some good times and it's going to be slower than many realised.

ITK's hinted over a week ago at at least 2 or 3 'exciting signings' through the door, and as of yet we haven't seen anything, this, along with a couple of poor performances has left some fans a little deflated.

It's frustrating as there is a good team in there but right now they need some help, it's not good when your right wing back has scored 63% of your goals for the season.

Dont you just love Shrimpermoan , Makes me wonder if JR and the consortium read all this and feel regret that they save d our club. How people can be so impatient and expect immediate success . First priority for COSU was to always get the club back on an even keel , get all the debts that spineless rat and his off spring left the club with, that takes time and thankfully have the support of 7000 supporters through the gate and selling of 2000 shirts and god knows how many season tickets can only help shorten that period. Until then just sit back relax ,believe me our time will come, the club is layng the foundations for many years to come for not just you people now but your grand children and their children so they will not have to go through what all of you have had to.
COSU deserve no flack. But the football is awful. If it stays so boring, negative and ultimately predictable, we won't be getting 7,000 through the gate. Apart from West Ham fans, who really wants to pay their hard earned money to be bored for 2 hours every week?

ITK's hinted over a week ago at at least 2 or 3 'exciting signings' through the door, and as of yet we haven't seen anything,
i think we're better off not hearing anything sometimes, and probably especially at the moment. people on here are so ****ed off that hearing we're getting someone then it not happening just ****es people off. results are doing a good enough job of that already

I canā€™t remember with all the posts that have gone since which ITK gave us the exciting signing rumour but would good to hear if this is still a thing or dead in the water

As it stands at present i think Kev and Co should think about giving the fans an excting brand off football, keep them happy plus do tha results will come and the strikers will begin to hit the back of the onion bag , whats to lose at present itsa boring and we losing to clubs we ought to be defeating .

I believe Bonne was in the exciting signing category , ok heā€™s off the pace and not pulled up any trees as of yet but had someone told us heā€™d be with us at the start of the season Iā€™m sure there would of been excitement around this .
I also think Moncur has been a success and from 2 leagues above so would also fall into the exciting category

The annoying part of this is the league is not as strong as other season and had we have got this right and sorted 6 months ago we would be in a position to challenge , as hard as it is to take I feel this season will be one of frustration and what could of been

I think there are players without clubs that we could bring in.
Biggest problem for us is do they want to come to us. I think budget restraints are not helping and the ghost of the šŸ€ has still been lingering around.
Whatā€™s happened to the 2 or 3 imminent signings? Have these had second thoughts?

Look on the bright side, moaning about the situation on here, is far better than moaning about it in the stadium.

I believe Bonne was in the exciting signing category , ok heā€™s off the pace and not pulled up any trees as of yet but had someone told us heā€™d be with us at the start of the season Iā€™m sure there would of been excitement around this .
I also think Moncur has been a success and from 2 leagues above so would also fall into the exciting category

The annoying part of this is the league is not as strong as other season and had we have got this right and sorted 6 months ago we would be in a position to challenge , as hard as it is to take I feel this season will be one of frustration and what could of been
Bonne has already shown his class. He may not have scored yet, but he's got into some really good positions and has been a tad unlucky. He just needs a few more matches and an increase in match sharpness.

Last edited:
Difficult to know which way to go here. Whilst I still think that Crowther & Gubbins would be more comfortable paired in a 4 rather than a 5, I get the argument that back to basics is probably sensible this afternoon.

Collin
Taylor, Crowther, Ralph
GSM, KAF, Morton, Husin, Bridge
Pepple, Bonne

or (because we're light in the middle)

Collin
Crowther, Ralph, Gubbins
GSM, Husin, Taylor, Morton, Bridge
Pepple, Bonne

Difficult to know which way to go here. Whilst I still think that Crowther & Gubbins would be more comfortable paired in a 4 rather than a 5, I get the argument that back to basics is probably sensible this afternoon.

Collin
Taylor, Crowther, Ralph
GSM, KAF, Morton, Husin, Bridge
Pepple, Bonne

or (because we're light in the middle)

Collin
Crowther, Ralph, Gubbins
GSM, Husin, Taylor, Morton, Bridge
Pepple, Bonne
Can I ask was that meant for transfer thread?

Macdonald gone concord on loan. Must been one of the injured lot are back to be on the bench otherwise wonā€™t be able to fill it again
I was thinking that it seems weird to let him go unless one of our players are close to being on the bench or a new signing is close.

Macdonald definitely needs to go out and play though. Be a great experience for him. Nice to see us doing business with concord again after they were more than unhappy with the preseason arrangements.

Macdonald gone concord on loan. Must mean one of the injured lot are back to be on the bench otherwise wonā€™t be able to fill it again
Does it really make a difference if thereā€™s 6 or 7 subs? Realistically Maher is never going to sub Macdonald or Faulkner on anyway.

No point stopping him from getting experience at Concord by making him sit on the bench for 90 minutes just so we can have 7 instead of 6 subs.

Back