• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Doesn't you header state "not always sarcastic" are you sure.

Put it this way. Effiong is being spoken to by the club and its hoped he will sign very shortly. Braintree are gojng to struggle big time.
Respectfully, we know - it's been covered a fair amount in the thread and elsewhere by true ITKs.

Looking forward to the 8th highest goalscorer in this divisions history to join the club 😍

Doesn't you header state "not always sarcastic" are you sure.

Put it this way. Effiong is being spoken to by the club and its hoped he will sign very shortly. Braintree are gojng to struggle big time.
Hey Tom, yeah it does! Not always doesn't mean never!

You don't need to put it any other way, many others already have.

Hope they went through Crowthers shorts before washing them to ensure that McCallum wasn't still in his pocket
Reminds me of the possibly apocryphal tale of when Southend beat Wolves, (I think it was 24 April 1987) including the star striker Steve Bull 1-0.

Allegedly, some of the lads went out for a celebratory drink after the match. Afterwards, they needed a taxi home and Shane Westley flagged down a cab..asked the cabbie if he had room for five. One of Shane’s teammates tried to correct him, said “Shane, there’s only four of us.” Only to get the reply, “No mate, there’s five. I’ve still got Steve Bull in my back pocket!”

I was told we were after McCallum more last season (& season before) than this summer. The ship had well and truly sailed as such.

It had become clear that we were not getting anywhere near his current wage demands and attentions quickly turned elsewhere. Eastleigh will be paying him an obscene amount to keep him there.

Not aware that he has trained with us. Not recently anyway.
No, but he has trained and played with Gussy and Kensdale when with the England C squad.

I wonder how much of effiongs wage we are gonna pay?? Gonna be a fair wack if Braintree are trying too save money
Assuming we are in for Effiong of course. I’m not convinced we are still…

I doubt we’d be willing to contribute too much. Believe he is on a fair whack there, which I guess is why they maybe looking to offload. Fluid situation though, so can’t really predict the outcome.

Whilst I wouldn’t say no, I’d like to think there is better perhaps available.

I was told 2 or 3. It did sound like they were close to being wrapped-up, but I always like to manage expectations a bit, because whenever I hear something, the situation has often changed by the next morning!
Assuming we already know one of them…do we have any ideas of names or positions of the other possibles? Not seen anything mentioned so far.

Wouldn’t say that. I just think if we really wanted him, we would have got him by now. Who knows, perhaps he will come in. But I wouldn’t be surprised if we are looking elsewhere.
Braintree might have stalled a bit considering they played last night (they might’ve given Effiong one last chance to prove himself) and appear to be having money troubles surrounding their kits.

Respectfully, we know - it's been covered a fair amount in the thread and elsewhere by true ITKs.

Looking forward to the 8th highest goalscorer in this divisions history to join the club 😍

Of course. Merely stating that there will likely be an exodus at Braintree as wages are a problem and even a kit issue ongoing now too.

He did play but the other night but at one point this was unlikely due to above

I don’t think anyone really mentioned names bar LS, and I don’t see him stopping anytime soon, and why should he?

I don’t give names. I give hints, and some people correctly guess from there, but I don’t name names as I’m told not too.

The club has lots of leaks, and I think COSU are trying to plug them, however people like myself and LS don’t just get information from within the club. LS knew about Crowther from one of the board members at his previous club. He speaks to recruitment departments at other clubs, agents and other people within the game.

COSU could plug all the leaks, but information will still be passed around.
Shrimprizio Bluesmano?

Not entirely sure that Effiong is an answer or indeed would be good business. Sure he has had some good years, but also some mediocre years. I would be more keen to bring in an extra defender, so that the inevitable injuries to any of Taylor, Ralph, Crowther or Gubbins are not covered by Jack Bridge dropping back. That would be a backward step after his performance Tuesday.

Back