• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
What’s this mean have people Beene told not to mention names including london shrimper? Didn’t affect us before.

I don’t think anyone really mentioned names bar LS, and I don’t see him stopping anytime soon, and why should he?

I don’t give names. I give hints, and some people correctly guess from there, but I don’t name names as I’m told not too.

The club has lots of leaks, and I think COSU are trying to plug them, however people like myself and LS don’t just get information from within the club. He speaks to recruitment departments at other clubs, agents and other people within the game.

COSU could plug all the leaks, but information will still be passed around.

Last edited:
I also think that the 4 strikers we now have are sufficient for our needs! Keeping 5 happy will make its own problems and strikers want to score goals and not getting much pitch time is particularly frustrating for them! In my opinion a problem the management team could do without!

If our base formation is going to be 3-5-2 keeping 5 strikers involved is easier than keeping 5 centre-halves involved.

We’ll use 4 strikers and 3 centre-halves most matches. You then want a spare for injuries - of which we’ll get a few.

The other point to note here is that we’ve only got one forward under contract for next season. We need to be looking ahead for next year. I hope the days of only looking as far as the next game are gone. Start planning for the future now.

That file I expect is very much closed for us now given signings since.

I think there’s very much an opportunity in the squad for that type of player, particularly a young ascending one given Moncur is only a loanee and the wrong side of 30. Granted that might not be Pedder now through a combination of wage demands and burning his bridges but having someone to back-up Moncur and learn from him seems a non-brainer to me.

I suppose it’s possible that player might be Wood?

The other point to note here is that we’ve only got one forward under contract for next season. We need to be looking ahead for next year. I hope the days of only looking as far as the next game are gone. Start planning for the future now.
Walker is the contracted player but i thought Bonne had a year with a club option of a further year.

Granted we do need to be looking around for another striker for next year. I guess it depends on how well Waldron does after coming back from injury. Possibly eye on a striker in January when EFL clubs look to move a few on. Also would be good time to poach from league below like we did with Cardwell a couple of years ago

Walker is the contracted player but i thought Bonne had a year with a club option of a further year.

Granted we do need to be looking around for another striker for next year. I guess it depends on how well Waldron does after coming back from injury. Possibly eye on a striker in January when EFL clubs look to move a few on. Also would be good time to poach from league below like we did with Cardwell a couple of years ago
Someone like that guy Gills beat us to would make a lot of sense

I also think that the 4 strikers we now have are sufficient for our needs! Keeping 5 happy will make its own problems and strikers want to score goals and not getting much pitch time is particularly frustrating for them! In my opinion a problem the management team could do without!
If you have 5 players, it’s likely 1 will be injured. With 5 subs you want 2 strikers on the bench. So assuming we don’t stick with a bridge/moncur in the #10 we are one short.

Anssi Jaakkola. Left Bristol Rovers in the summer. Will be well known to Kev as they were at Bristol together.

Nothing official announced, so maybe he's just helping out for now until someone more permanent comes along.
If Anssi does join the coaching staff I think he would be the first Finnish Shrimper since a certain Glen Kamara (last seen in a typically defensive Finnish side at Wembley last night) came to us for a short loan spell from Arsenal in 2016.

Cheers for the insight Tom! Thats only been mentioned about 40 times already in this thread.

Doesn't you header state "not always sarcastic" are you sure.

Put it this way. Effiong is being spoken to by the club and its hoped he will sign very shortly. Braintree are gojng to struggle big time.

Back