• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
I believe we have made contact and the player is keen to come. He is on a fair whack at Braintree who are keen to shed some financial burden. He is also not getting games there.

Whether he signs is anyone's guess. Whether it is permanent or a loan is unknown. If a deal within budget can be done then it will. If not, it won't.
He’s played in every game this season and started 5 of those

what to say ,im happy with the Bonne signing and think if bonne can really put his head down get fit then the look of our team with a fit and firing Walker along with Moncur is really a formidable forwrd line, add Waldron and if possible Effiong theres not much better than that in this dicision. Truly hoping for exciting times to come for all you loyal supporters are the years of heartache and despair you deserve it

I'd be so happy if we get Effiong too. It would mean we wouldn't be so reliant on Bonne and would give us another dimension. Just think how we felt when Effiong played against us. You see the size of him, his pace and power, it worries players and fans alike. It's just the kind of player we need to change the tact of a game. It would also mean we could play 3 up top if needed. He did that quite a lot for Daggers. Add Walker into the mix and that is a potent strike force. We haven't had that kind of raw pace for years. It's something we've hugely lacked for a long time.

Wow, you have to be very careful about who you are signing......... this BBC article today shows the depths to which criminality reaches into the football pyramid. Can you imagine a National League South match being worth 100 grand to fix the half time score.......?

"More money was reportedly placed on the total goals in one November 2012 National League South game than on the equivalent market for a Champions League match involving Barcelona."

Bromley's Those words are banned clearly failed, but who could imagine match fixing on such a scale at NLS level...? Incredible!

Wow, you have to be very careful about who you are signing......... this BBC article today shows the depths to which criminality reaches into the football pyramid. Can you imagine a National League South match being worth 100 grand to fix the half time score.......?

"More money was reportedly placed on the total goals in one November 2012 National League South game than on the equivalent market for a Champions League match involving Barcelona."

Bromley's Those words are banned clearly failed, but who could imagine match fixing on such a scale at NLS level...? Incredible!

Can someone please wave a wad of used notes at the Eastleigh keeper tonight to let in a few goals tonight

Thank you

Posted this in "The Big Daddys General Football Forum" Incredible read and just goes to show that you really need to be careful on who you are purchasing / bringing into a club. He came into Bromley and recruited 4 other team mates who all colluded together.

I'd imagine once caught they were rightfully suspended by their clubs. I dread to think who many do this and get away with it 👀

I don't mind the throw in within a minute kind of bet where their mates chuck on a coupe of quid and get enough for a decent takeaway etc, but when its fixing the result of match thats when its not crossing the line

Things must be much worse than it seems from the outside at Braintree, they only have a squad of 19 and at least 2 of them want to leave already.

I wonder how long it will be before they are under an embargo or worse
I wonder if this is more to do with Braintree struggling with a wage contribution more than Barnet actual instigation?

Don't quite know how Braintree have got their budget so wrong, and are seemingly having to re-visit it only 1 month into the season. Has some sponsor pulled out, or did they think their gate would quadruple once they were promoted?
I think they consulted with a former football club owner from Benfleet and his mate, Harry, to draw up a strategy for this season.

That was a really good read and goes to show how money has corrupted this beautiful game. Players in leagues like ours see the ridicoiusly amount of money players in the top echelon are getting and it must in some way impact of them , not all of them but some as they themselves are playing the same game . Ive always thought there should be some sort of wage structure in the leagues a limit to what each player can earn as a salary depending on the league they are playing in .Not just here but World wide. Yes i know this is impossible as it would result in so many court cases for restriction of earnings ETC ETC . Adding to this i pray to God the Kensdale case has nothing to do with this .

Last edited:
Don't quite know how Braintree have got their budget so wrong, and are seemingly having to re-visit it only 1 month into the season. Has some sponsor pulled out, or did they think their gate would quadruple once they were promoted?
I believe the hashtag #PubTeamFromEssex might help to understand how they may have got it so wrong

That was a really good read and goes to show how money has corrupted this beautiful game. Players in leagues like ours see the ridicoiusly amount of money players in the top echelon are getting and it must in some way impact of them , not all of them but some as they themselves are playing the same game . Ive always thought there should be some sort of wage structure in the leagues a limit to what each player can earn as a salary depending on the league they are playing in .Not just here but World wide. Yes i know this is impossible as it would result in so many court cases for restriction of earnings ETC ETC . Adding to this i pray to God the Kensdale case has nothing to do with this .
There used to be a maximum wage in football but it was abolished in 1961 then it was £20 a week, straight after it was removed after a threat of strikes by players Johnny Haynes became the 1st £100 a week footballer when he played for Fulham.

Reactions: fbm
It’s almost as if Braintree knowingly overspent, thought they could get some decent points on the board early doors to get them ‘safe’ then shoestring it through.

like many clubs that come up fron the north and south ;eauges below .They seem to think signing lots of players will bring them sucssess . BUT all it does is over strech there buget .And a quick return from once they came Braintree are not alone King lynn made the same mistake .

Back