• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Heard from Powell he was looking at a move this week but not back to us.
Things must be much worse than it seems from the outside at Braintree, they only have a squad of 19 and at least 2 of them want to leave already.

I wonder how long it will be before they are under an embargo or worse

Things must be much worse than it seems from the outside at Braintree, they only have a squad of 19 and at least 2 of them want to leave already.

I wonder how long it will be before they are under an embargo or worse
What happened to their squad that got them promoted? They've signed a fair few players for this season. Did they just not renew a lot of contracts or did they get promoted on a squad of 15.

Seems like they miss-judged and thought they had got promotion to the EFL rather than the National League and have spent the EFL monies which.

Great assigning.

Just on another note, have we struggled to find some non league gems this year or were they all snatched up before we got took over? Of course we got George Wind, just shocked we’ve not had a few more knowing us.

I don't think any of it was paid in used readies in Brown envelopes to my knowledge 😮
He won't be playing for us again but I don't know if he's officially off the books yet. But either way, one way or another, I'm afraid he's history
I thought he a sideline to top his wages up

Great assigning.

Just on another note, have we struggled to find some non league gems this year or were they all snatched up before we got took over? Of course we got George Wind, just shocked we’ve not had a few more knowing us.
I think they decided they want more experience which is a real pity because I think our best signings however have been the ones from the division below - Gus, Cards, Noor, Kensdale etc - (honourable shouts to Miley and Harry Taylor who were from the same division).

That said our signings from NLS/N last season haven’t as yet been as successful - although it’s still early days in Crowther, Morton and Waldron’s Southend careers and the likes of Kensdale and Cardwell weren’t overnight successes either.

If Walker, Moncur and Bonne are as good as Gus, Noor, Kensdale and Cards eventually were then we will be right up there this season but I’m not as confident on them recapturing past glories as most.

If it's true that Braintree have overreached with their finances is there any likelihood of Powell coming back, his pressing has been missed.
It all seems a bit bizarre. Perhaps John White could tell us :Winking: They got promoted and dispensed with 17 players I think which seems incredible. At the same time moved to full professional training which some might have struggled with
Brought in around 19 and then seemed to have moved one or two of them on ?
Really strange on the face of it, but Finances must be a big part of it surely?

It all seems a bit bizarre. Perhaps John White could tell us :Winking: They got promoted and dispensed with 17 players I think which seems incredible. At the same time moved to full professional training which some might have struggled with
Brought in around 19 and then seemed to have moved one or two of them on ?
Really strange on the face of it, but Finances must be a big part of it surely?
They are on the same points as us though.

I think they decided they want more experience which is a real pity because I think our best signings however have been the ones from the division below - Gus, Cards, Noor, Kensdale etc - (honourable shouts to Miley and Harry Taylor who were from the same division).

That said our signings from NLS/N last season haven’t as yet been as successful - although it’s still early days in Crowther, Morton and Waldron’s Southend careers and the likes of Kensdale and Cardwell weren’t overnight successes either.

If Walker, Moncur and Bonne are as good as Gus, Noor, Kensdale and Cards eventually were then we will be right up there this season but I’m not as confident on them recapturing past glories as most.

Like Mary Berry says "it's all about getting the right ingredients and mix".

So is the boy from braintree still looking likely to sign!?
What kind of striker is Bonne? Target Man? Poacher?
Looking back at the YouTube compilations posted earlier in this thread, Bonne looks like a real poacher who seems to have been in the right space at the right time. The videos are well worth a watch. Let's hope we see some of those goals at the Hall....

Back