• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
I think they decided they want more experience which is a real pity because I think our best signings however have been the ones from the division below - Gus, Cards, Noor, Kensdale etc - (honourable shouts to Miley and Harry Taylor who were from the same division).

That said our signings from NLS/N last season haven’t as yet been as successful - although it’s still early days in Crowther, Morton and Waldron’s Southend careers and the likes of Kensdale and Cardwell weren’t overnight successes either.

If Walker, Moncur and Bonne are as good as Gus, Noor, Kensdale and Cards eventually were then we will be right up there this season but I’m not as confident on them recapturing past glories as most.
They lost a lot of experience, influence and personality when David Martin and Jason Demetriou left, so I can't blame them for trying to replace that.

I also think it's fair to say that the well of 2023/24 gems from the level below who were of interest to us had dried up somewhat by the time we were able to be properly active in the market. We need to let that well replenish now with the 2024/25 gems, and I'm sure we'll be shopping back at that level in the new year or next summer.

Last edited:
Cardwell was our biggest wage and a fair size one at this level and kensdale on a decent amount too.

I’m glad to hear Cards was our highest earner as when I found out how much he was on I was a) shocked b) thought there might be others on more but glad to hear that isn’t the case. He is still a massive loss don’t get me wrong but getting a fee for him when we would have lost him on a free before the season was out would have stung.

What happened to their squad that got them promoted? They've signed a fair few players for this season. Did they just not renew a lot of contracts or did they get promoted on a squad of 15.

Seems like they miss-judged and thought they had got promotion to the EFL rather than the National League and have spent the EFL monies which.
I think a big majority of last season team had other jobs so could not do all the training & away travelling involved with playing in the National League

Anyone think we will find another Centre back for Kendsale? Was very happy with our back line before, still am, but wondering if another Centre Half will do us good?

Anyone think we will find another Centre back for Kendsale? Was very happy with our back line before, still am, but wondering if another Centre Half will do us good?
I’m still confused on the Effiong situation… seen people saying it won’t happen now because we’ve signed Bonne, but others saying it will.

Think crowther can be that man, would be good to have cover there maybe some one from league below
Feel like we defo need a middle centre back as Crowther really seems to be only option there. Maybe that can come later on but would be good to have someone who is a threat at set pieces
I think Crowther will grow in time, but agree that we need cover. I would say he is our only centre half with real physical presence, maybe gubbins, but would like to see a real commander come in

But is Effiong actually signing though, I’ve seen so many different reports on his situation…

Would be nice to have him obviously, but we need to make sure we’ve got him first to then start thinking about other positions.

But is Effiong actually signing though, I’ve seen so many different reports on his situation…

Would be nice to have him obviously, but we need to make sure we’ve got him first to then start thinking about other positions.

I believe we have made contact and the player is keen to come. He is on a fair whack at Braintree who are keen to shed some financial burden. He is also not getting games there.

Whether he signs is anyone's guess. Whether it is permanent or a loan is unknown. If a deal within budget can be done then it will. If not, it won't.

The Kensdale thread is currently closed for further comment. As this is the Transfers thread the relevant posts have been transferred to the Kensdale thread, which will remain closed for the moment.

Back