• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Interesting CP also uses the term ATM in his response instead of no approach as far as I am aware. Slight hint of not dismissing it out of hand perhaps ?
I dont think chris deals with rumours as much as facts before theyre out. so i think youre absolutely right, isnt saying that it wont happen, possibly because he doesnt know yet

View attachment 33794

The tweet is from what’s been said on here. Wouldn’t class him as a reliable source.
In fairness, his profile bio starts by saying he posts rumours and personal and fan opinions. I’m pretty sure his tweet about Effiong alluded to it being a rumour too?

So he hasn’t claimed any particular credibility - he’s just done exactly what he said he would!

Any criticism of him by us is all down to our own neurosis about the need for signings, rather than anything he’s done.

In all honestly though I think this would be an astute signing. Big, strong and a real nuisance to any defence. In the last 4 seasons he has played 114 NL games and got 52 goals. That’s a solid record. But I think his biggest asset is disrupting the defence and bringing others into play. That could be a huge plus for us and he would draw a lot of focus meaning others will have more space to play around him.

I would have been happy with this signing over the summer and just because we would be getting him from Braintree now doesn’t make this any less impressive.

In all honestly though I think this would be an astute signing. Big, strong and a real nuisance to any defence. In the last 4 seasons he has played 114 NL games and got 52 goals. That’s a solid record. But I think his biggest asset is disrupting the defence and bringing others into play. That could be a huge plus for us and he would draw a lot of focus meaning others will have more space to play around him.

I would have been happy with this signing over the summer and just because we would be getting him from Braintree now doesn’t make this any less impressive.
Agree with you on this. I know his age is being questioned, he is a couple of years older than McCallum but his goals per game record compares more than favourably since 2020 to end of last season, his return as you say was 52 Goals in some 114 appearances
In the same period McCallum was 60 Goals from some 160 appearances so you can't say he doesn't know where the net is!

Think the last aged striker we got was the goat, came from Man City i do believe .Think he was loved and still is by almost everyone. Yes sounds like a PB signing but im happy for it to happen if true . He may be just the man we need up front also im sure can teach Pebble a lot Should be fit enough to do a solid 60 minutes to begin with ,then bring on Pebble as replacement .

Think the last aged striker we got was the goat, came from Man City i do believe .Think he was loved and still is by almost everyone. Yes sounds like a PB signing but im happy for it to happen if true . He may be just the man we need up front also im sure can teach Pebble a lot Should be fit enough to do a solid 60 minutes to begin with ,then bring on Pebble as replacement .
Feels a bit more like Paul Furlong in my opinion 😅 but hoping for a Marc-Antoine Fortuné

That last bit sounds a bit like you lads a few seasons ago where you had basically a team of ex Ipswich players
Yes we did have quite a few didn't we, those days and links are gone now, we had a lot of ex Ipswich connections as managers and coaches etc too but it is a new dawn now so we have loads of ex Lincoln, Pompey and any other club the Cowleys have been working for players now:Smile:

Back