• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Tbf Effiong had a 1 in 2 ratio at daggers and has scored goals at Woking and aldershot.

A loan deal in our predicament sounds good tbh.

He has not played at a club like ours before.

Yes I think they are already struggling financially and trying to loan players in rather than sign them, they took one of our young defenders on loan Friday, Frankie Terry a very decent player who may well end up in our 1st team next season. He is the son of Paul Terry, John Terry and Paul Konchesky are his uncle's, if he get's to be as good as John we might make a few bob! They now have 5 ex/current Col U players in their squad, no doubt their management duo also ex Col U will be back for more loans soon.
That last bit sounds a bit like you lads a few seasons ago where you had basically a team of ex Ipswich players

I wonder whether an experienced striker who is a free agent might be interested in a short term deal while our strikers recover and we secure a longer term target. Allows them to keep in shop window. Someone like Connor Wickham?
Very very unlikely. What happens if the player gets injured- he has no secure contract and no-one will sign them whilst injured.

I’m afraid unless it’s a loan (where someone else has given a current contract) it’s a minimum of 1year..

Something will have to give. Worse case loan market and hoping Walker is back and fit in a couple of weeks.

Pepple was never a replacement for Cards - more the 4th striker, so who comes in for Cards is up in the air and will have a significant impact on our season.

Tricky one. There maybe better options in January and with Walker close to a return hanging on might not be as grim as it feels right now. If the player is on a two year contract he won’t come here for less on a permanent. Would we want that commitment on a 33 yo with 23 clubs behind him and an on field collapse and later injury last season ? That means a loan and if Braintree are cutting their cloth you’d think they’d want a seasons relief from his wages at least. That would give us 4 strikers until the end of the season which if that’s the quota, the 4 we’d have, Walker aside, doesn’t instantly fill with joy. So maybe you wait until January and round you go.

This is unfortunately the new reality of where we are. We cannot compete with the likes of FGR’s and Barnet, something I never thought I would say a few years ago.
It is the state of the club after the Rat family has ransacked it for the last fifteeen years plus. It is worth listening to Kev's full post match interview to understand the current state of the Club. It is just as well income is coming in.

With the Flyde game now being rearranged to Tuesday week, we will have six games in three weeks.

We will need someone in, who is match fit, to cover these games as we can't afford to rush the injured players back and risk further damage.

This is unfortunately the new reality of where we are. We cannot compete with the likes of FGR’s and Barnet, something I never thought I would say a few years ago.
Of course and then there is paying £120k and a big wage for a top striker and they are immediately injured. Eggs in one basket always a big risk- regrettably FGR seem currently to have multiple eggs and multiple baskets…

Back