• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Yep, I believe they charge 20k a pop for the constant stream of weddings they have there. Also do a deal with the gym that is located by the ground.

Even Wivs goes there some midweek daytimes to train with the Southern area/England over 60's. Bad location for Barnet fans but great for further income streams.

Still doesn't matter how many times you point out its all about revenue rather than attendances. We still have a lot of fans who sneer at so called 'tin pot' clubs

Even Wivs goes there some midweek daytimes to train with the Southern area/England over 60's. Bad location for Barnet fans but great for further income streams.

Still doesn't matter how many times you point out its all about revenue rather than attendances. We still have a lot of fans who sneer at so called 'tin pot' clubs
Yeah this and the arrogance of some fans who think the NL would never boot us out as our away attendances are so massive. They wouldn't hesitate, think we've come pretty close in the last year.

Yeah this and the arrogance of some fans who think the NL would never boot us out as our away attendances are so massive. They wouldn't hesitate, think we've come pretty close in the last year.
Not least when there are only two promotion places each year- EFL trumps the revenue from our away fans

I guess part of the attraction is a large car park for visitors - which we currently have, but I'm not sure we'll have in the future

Yes around 700 spaces right next door to the stadium, there is also the park and ride just over the road and more parking now at the Northern Gateway right next door. Our stadium car park is now run by the Ringo cashless payment system so the club gets income without having to sell the parking through the club. Also because the Northern Gateway has lots of attractions opening now and can get very busy making parking difficult, people are parking at the club to go next door to there giving the club income on non match days.

Not least when there are only two promotion places each year- EFL trumps the revenue from our away fans

It's a disgrace there are still only 2 promotion places up for grabs in the National league, there are so many clubs of league 2 standard down there now it should be at least 3 if not 4 with the equivalent number coming down from league 2 (I might be shooting my club in the foot here!)

It's a disgrace there are still only 2 promotion places up for grabs in the National league, there are so many clubs of league 2 standard down there now it should be at least 3 if not 4 with the equivalent number coming down from league 2 (I might be shooting my club in the foot here!)
Massively benefitted you over the past few seasons! 100% needs to change asap though.

My worry would be the NL having discussions over this. They would go in there wanting 3 promotion places and because they are useless they would come out only having 1 and an extra cup where we play league 2 under 18s teams on a weekly basis!

And many clubs of NL standard in L2.

I prefer it with only 2 up and 2 down. Yes you have to be really good to get promoted but equally really c**p to end up in the bottom 2 of L2. Not just poor team but badly run off the field.

The fact that only the winners of the NL can guarantee promotion makes it a better competition. Which actually strengthens the quality of teams in NL.

Me i would be in favour of bringing back the old north and South divisions league 2 North and League 2 South. With playoffs at seasons end for promotion to be between the top 4 clubs from each division. Same for the relegation spots bottom 4 from each division. Amalgamation the VNL into the EFL to form the 2 divisions ,NL already have a south and north divisions so relegation is easy sorted there ..Sorry mods perhaps this should be in a thread of its own for discussion

Last edited:
The Walsall message board suggests the coach is chuffed with his engine in training and he is on track for a deal there. Looks like our interest in him has derailed.
could say it's gone up in smoke

Yep, I believe they charge 20k a pop for the constant stream of weddings they have there. Also do a deal with the gym that is located by the ground.
My wife and I looked at hiring both their halls for a party. There's a big difference in price between them, not surprising really given one is a "proper" venue and the other is the away end bar. Big, but nowhere near as plush.

We weren't quoted any where near that much for either venue, but then I guess we weren't looking at the whole package. We just wanted a party.

Back