• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
They must be pretty confident the deal will go through before the season starts though, if tickets aren't being released until after it's done and dusted šŸ¤”

Iā€™m surprised heā€™s being called a defender! Canā€™t remember much defensive work at Wakering but seemed to play as a right winger!!
Thatā€™s because we had so much of the ball! The same can be said for Faulkner, who played at left wing-back vs. Wakering.

It will be interesting to see how he looks against better opposition, and in matches where we have more defending to do.

Thatā€™s because we had so much of the ball! The same can be said for Faulkner, who played at left wing-back vs. Wakering.

It will be interesting to see how he looks against better opposition, and in matches where we have more defending to do.
Indeed. End of season before last there was a push to play him in the first team at Southampton in the Prem as one of their most promising youngsters. So I wouldn't bother questioning if he is good enough at RB or RWB (remembering we are in the NL!). My question is why did it go wrong so quickly, and why did he just have a short stint at Potters Bar last season?

At his best a lower league club is going to get one hell of a player- however football is littered with great prospects who never delivered for whatever reason. In Kev we trust..

Indeed. End of season before last there was a push to play him in the first team at Southampton in the Prem as one of their most promising youngsters. So I wouldn't bother questioning if he is good enough at RB or RWB (remembering we are in the NL!). My question is why did it go wrong so quickly, and why did he just have a short stint at Potters Bar last season?

At his best a lower league club is going to get one hell of a player- however football is littered with great prospects who never delivered for whatever reason. In Kev we trust..
Could be any number of reasons. There is a push now to provide better support for young players who are released from big clubs, as the psychological effect on them can sometimes be quite profound. There's every chance this was the case with Taiwo, and he's only just starting to properly put himself "out there" again?

One of many possible reasons.

Could be any number of reasons. There is a push now to provide better support for young players who are released from big clubs, as the psychological effect on them can sometimes be quite profound. There's every chance this was the case with Taiwo, and he's only just starting to properly put himself "out there" again?

One of many possible reasons.

Yes, good point. The clubs with large financial clout vacuum up young talent & then spit them out if they don't make the grade at any given point. Quite a smack in the chops I imagine when you & your parents have put football at the core of your life to date.

Let's be fair - I give him (Taiwo) another 90 minutes before ripping into him .............. you can't ask for more than that, can you?

No imminent signings could be a smokescreen but disappointing for Kev as he has already indicated. He has mentioned possible signing oi Demi and up to 4 others at some point, so I expect further action soon

One man of course left us sitting on our hands under the annual embargo at a key time and so setting us off with a small squad of 17

So many other sides were doing big business on the Ist July, whilst we were stitched up, like Barnet signing up 10 ! Including nicking Nick Hayes, retaining Zak Blunt. As our white board got wiped Barnet notched up 6 centre backs and 10 midfielders, to take their squad up to a measly 27 for them , although strangely as yet with one recognised striker in Kabamba, I expect they will sign a few more and join the 30 on the books brigade

No wonder our Kev is venting a bit more

No imminent signings could be a smokescreen but disappointing for Kev as he has already indicated. He has mentioned possible signing oi Demi and up to 4 others at some point, so I expect further action soon

One man of course left us sitting on our hands under the annual embargo at a key time and so setting us off with a small squad of 17

So many other sides were doing big business on the Ist July, whilst we were stitched up, like Barnet signing up 10 ! Including nicking Nick Hayes, retaining Zak Blunt. As our white board got wiped Barnet notched up 6 centre backs and 10 midfielders, to take their squad up to a measly 27 for them , although strangely as yet with one recognised striker in Kabamba, I expect they will sign a few more and join the 30 on the books brigade

I think he fully understands where we are but is just as frustrated as we all are that it is all dragging on. He wants that handbrake removed. We could start with this squad and be OK for a month or so, there is urgency vut with no window itā€™s not so bad.

I always find this site quite interesting this time of year, whilst not always 100% up to date it gives you some idea what the teams in your league are doing as regards signings and released players. Here is what has happened so far in the National league. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/national-league/transfers/wettbewerb/CNAT

I always find this site quite interesting this time of year, whilst not always 100% up to date it gives you some idea what the teams in your league are doing as regards signings and released players. Here is what has happened so far in the National league. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/national-league/transfers/wettbewerb/CNAT
Interesting that most teams seem to have signed less than they have lost, so seeing x club sign 6 players doesn't give you the full picture until you see who they lost

Interesting link that. A cursory look suggests the overwhelming number of teams sign players with an average age in the early to mid twenties. Bucking that trend are FGR who have signed 5 with an average age of nearly 30 and all from EFL clubs. Looks a Phil Brown strategy and it'll be interesting how it pans out.

How does a Barnet add so many players to their roster with less fans/ticket sales and therefore I'm assuming revenue? Is this a benefactor investing ? A number of these players also just be on reasonable salaries. Simple economics don't seem to stack up so curious of people have thoughts/answers?

How does a Barnet add so many players to their roster with less fans/ticket sales and therefore I'm assuming revenue? Is this a benefactor investing ? A number of these players also just be on reasonable salaries. Simple economics don't seem to stack up so curious of people have thoughts/answers?
Barnet have made a few quid from selling on prospects in recent years. I believe they will get a fair old windfall from Ronnie Edwards who's just signed for Southampton from Peterborough.

On a similar note, Maidenhead will get Ā£4 million from the Max Kilman transfer.

Of course, Ron got rid of any of our young prospects years ago on the cheap and then employed Phil 'no resale value' Brown. So, we're well behind in this race.

Also, while our gates are higher than other clubs in the league, we must be among the lowest for spend per head overall.

Barnet have made a few quid from selling on prospects in recent years. I believe they will get a fair old windfall from Ronnie Edwards who's just signed for Southampton from Peterborough.

On a similar note, Maidenhead will get Ā£4 million from the Max Kilman transfer.

Of course, Ron got rid of any of our young prospects years ago on the cheap and then employed Phil 'no resale value' Brown. So, we're well behind in this race.

Also, while our gates are higher than other clubs in the league, we must be among the lowest for spend per head overall.

We can improve our match day finances for sure.

I always go to the railway before and after games. I would be happy to put some money into the club if we could just have better options and a higher quality of product. A warm fosters and awful burger just doesn't cut it for me.

Back