• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Why canā€™t we just get deals signed.
Because we are not going large on wages.
Let's say we've agreed 1k a week with the lad, his agent then gets an offer of 1.2k a week, we then have to match or better that offer...spoiler we won't because we are cutting our cloth accordingly and rightly so. However this means we will lose out on loads of players.

I think the loss of Cardwell is a huge blow to the squad but in the grand scheme of things should be seen as a positive.

This model works and has been proven to work elsewhere. It doesnā€™t mean we will be stuck in the NL forever as some are concerned about. The issue since we introduced it is that we havenā€™t been able to be buying/bringing in enough bodies for this not to impact on the squad. But now is the time to start doing that and proving it works.

I'm sorry but I think a number of other factors are required for the model being espoused to work. And I'm not yet convinced that Southend United have the resources to follow this approach.

Amongst a number of things one needs have enough players in the squad (and the funds this requires) for there to be a potential conveyor belt of talent (and you mention this to some extent).

For me, we have seen that there are players in this division & lower that can play higher up the football ladder but they can take time to learn, adapt & develop.

That in itself is no easy thing to do - one just has to look at the most financially backed clubs in the land to see that they still rely on buying in players when their own development programmes can't provide the talent required.

Any player attached to a club requiring a fee will not doubt have a premium given our situation, clubs know were desperate and can only now sign scraps/3rd choices, and as mentioned clubs that know were offering contracts will also come into play

If we lost out on this lad to Dagenham now then seriously wtf. We have a tiny squad, just cashed in on striker and pull in about <400% more people in the gate every week. We should be blowing them out the water.

Last edited:
Genuinely think appiah forson plays very much like yearwood. Would be a class addition to the midfield. He isnā€™t just a defensive midfielder. Drives forward with the ball, quick feet etc
Another club alerted to situation and has come into the equation looks likeā€¦not confident at the moment that this likely ends wellā€¦.but fingers crossed..

Back