• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
COSU need to dig deep and start signing some players, bit like what 7,000 plus have done this season. We are in danger of having poor season with no hopes of the play offs. Show some ambition.
I'm gonna give my split feelings again.
Yeah what are they doing, that scoreboard is just what we needed in the middle of the park real driving midfielder and that blue carpet by the dug outs is easily worth 9 points.
Or
Sustainability doesn't come by paying silly money to any old player. Also remember the players agents literally call around trying to get most money, right up till the moment the player actually signs. So let's see how this plays out rember the slaggy rat has left us in the poop.

COSU need to dig deep and start signing some players, bit like what 7,000 plus have done this season. We are in danger of having poor season with no hopes of the play offs. Show some ambition.
1. Do you have any idea what COSU have been through, financially, with the club so far (even before owning the club)?
2. Do you have any idea what COSU are outlaying to keep the club going and what they need to ringfence to improve the club on and off the field?
3. Do you have any idea what they are paying our current squad and what they are willing to pay for the right players?

It might not match the likes of Barnet and FGR, for instance, but those clubs do not have the other issues to deal with, like COSU have.

Your statement of 'show some ambition' smacks for you talking out of your backside.

I'm sorry but I think a number of other factors are required for the model being espoused to work. And I'm not yet convinced that Southend United have the resources to follow this approach.

Amongst a number of things one needs have enough players in the squad (and the funds this requires) for there to be a potential conveyor belt of talent (and you mention this to some extent).

For me, we have seen that there are players in this division & lower that can play higher up the football ladder but they can take time to learn, adapt & develop.

That in itself is no easy thing to do - one just has to look at the most financially backed clubs in the land to see that they still rely on buying in players when their own development programmes can't provide the talent required.
Yes, and we no longer have an academy

I'm gonna give my split feelings again.
Yeah what are they doing, that scoreboard is just what we needed in the middle of the park real driving midfielder and that blue carpet by the dug outs is easily worth 9 points.
Or
Sustainability doesn't come by paying silly money to any old player. Also remember the players agents literally call around trying to get most money, right up till the moment the player actually signs. So let's see how this plays out rember the slaggy rat has left us in the poop.
Iv got sympathy over the purchase of the club because that was joke how long it took and i wouldn't of blamed them for walking, fair play to them for seeing it through but we are at the end of August with very small squad with players leaving, cardwell and potentially kensdale..... 2 key players in my opinion. We needed to sign players before the news broke on those 2 players and now we are potentially heading into tomorrow game with no strikers available and struggling to fill bench. I thought those days were over but now we are in the same position as last season. I get the sustainability thing I really do but come on now we are down to the bare bones. You do need to invest to become sustainable not the other way round. Hopefully will get some players in, maybe few loans who knows. My optimism of play offs has gone.

Back