• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
We need to sign someone, take a risk, we are down to the bear bones. We have no fit strikers tomorrow blah blah blah.

We are then linked to two new players. FFS a defensive minded midfielder, weā€™ve got loads of them whatā€™s the point of signing him. A striker, 3 goals, his crap, Nouble 2.0.

What a time to be a Shrimper.
Genuinely think appiah forson plays very much like yearwood. Would be a class addition to the midfield. He isnā€™t just a defensive midfielder. Drives forward with the ball, quick feet etc

My split feelings.
Ffs we are so slow in signing players, rubbish recruitment, skinflint no budget looking to sign saints, may as well still be under an embargo I'm playing up top tomorrow.
Or
As frustrating as the double whammy news of losing two of our best players (one for being in a very bad place) coupled with early season injuries and then compounded with our issues recruiting players the reasons mentioned have created the perfect storm creating a mini crisis on the field. Patience in these matters is needed and all will be fine.

My split feelings.
Ffs we are so slow in signing players, rubbish recruitment, skinflint no budget looking to sign saints, may as well still be under an embargo I'm playing up top tomorrow.
Or
As frustrating as the double whammy news of losing two of our best players (one for being in a very bad place) coupled with early season injuries and then compounded with our issues recruiting players the reasons mentioned have created the perfect storm creating a mini crisis on the field. Patience in these matters is needed and all will be fine.
Thank you doctor.

I think the loss of Cardwell is a huge blow to the squad but in the grand scheme of things should be seen as a positive.

When Stan came back and set out the plan for the club we all bought into the idea of ā€œthe Brentford/Peterboroughā€ type model of buying cheap and selling on. This was a key part of the rebuild of the club.

Since then we have only had a few brief windows in which we have been able to buy cheap and selling has not been an option.

The first real sale to come from this is now likely to happen with Cardwell and quite rightly fans are concerned. But this should probably be seen as a medium to long term positive. I say that on the basis that players and agents will look at us and see we are a stepping stone on to better things (in this case better being financially) and are more likely to see us as a viable option and a shop window.

So we get say Ā£100k profit from the sale of which we can reinvest maybe 50k. Given we only paid Ā£20k for Cardwell that gives us 2-3 more players of his quality to develop or a higher rated player that we could financially now bring in. These players can then also be developed and potentially sold for profit (not always feasible as some of those leaving prove eg Mooney).

This model works and has been proven to work elsewhere. It doesnā€™t mean we will be stuck in the NL forever as some are concerned about. The issue since we introduced it is that we havenā€™t been able to be buying/bringing in enough bodies for this not to impact on the squad. But now is the time to start doing that and proving it works.

People really slating cards are so quick to forget when he lead the line without being paid, stuck by us, some sad sad people in this fanbase
No one should slate him even without that. Itā€™s probably a difference of half a million in football earnings. Heā€™s a late starter as a pro so this is money to help him and his family in life. If he does go, it has to be a thank you for those things you say WillMay, and good luck.

We need to sign someone, take a risk, we are down to the bear bones. We have no fit strikers tomorrow blah blah blah.

We are then linked to two new players. FFS a defensive minded midfielder, weā€™ve got loads of them whatā€™s the point of signing him. A striker, 3 goals, his crap, Nouble 2.0.

What a time to be a Shrimper.

Ironically from the highlights I've seen, Keenan Appiah-Forson seems a front foot player! Always running with the ball, which is a different type of player to our other midfielders.

I think the loss of Cardwell is a huge blow to the squad but in the grand scheme of things should be seen as a positive.

When Stan came back and set out the plan for the club we all bought into the idea of ā€œthe Brentford/Peterboroughā€ type model of buying cheap and selling on. This was a key part of the rebuild of the club.

Since then we have only had a few brief windows in which we have been able to buy cheap and selling has not been an option.

The first real sale to come from this is now likely to happen with Cardwell and quite rightly fans are concerned. But this should probably be seen as a medium to long term positive. I say that on the basis that players and agents will look at us and see we are a stepping stone on to better things (in this case better being financially) and are more likely to see us as a viable option and a shop window.

So we get say Ā£100k profit from the sale of which we can reinvest maybe 50k. Given we only paid Ā£20k for Cardwell that gives us 2-3 more players of his quality to develop or a higher rated player that we could financially now bring in. These players can then also be developed and potentially sold for profit (not always feasible as some of those leaving prove eg Mooney).

This model works and has been proven to work elsewhere. It doesnā€™t mean we will be stuck in the NL forever as some are concerned about. The issue since we introduced it is that we havenā€™t been able to be buying/bringing in enough bodies for this not to impact on the squad. But now is the time to start doing that and proving it works.
ā€œIt doesnā€™t mean we will be stuck in the N L foreverā€.
How do people feel about playing in the National League South next season?
The last few days, plus the injury list, has turned us from an upper mid-table side into one that might flirt with the drop.

Iā€™m kinda on the fence atm, knowing some signings could get us play offs, but knowing weā€™ve just been rescued, and we have to stick to a suitable and sensible model, Iā€™m patient but not patient ?

Difficult to have one when people forget how handicapped we've started the season, and start setting sights on instant wow signings and a promotion challenge.

"Sign a striker, any striker! No, not that one!"

Rinse and repeat.
I think the reality of this season was always gonna be worse than the fantasy of us being taken over and storming the league. Saying that I don't think anyone can be moaned at for being massively underwhelmed by what has happened so far.

Ron's left us in the ****ter. because we were so far behind on everything we've got no foundations in place. the squad is threadbare, the stadium is a safety hazard of a tip, and any spare money has to go on paying off the debts. nice hand over, thanks mate. ****er.
the whole selling for profit works if you have the foundations in place, squad depth etc. but we don't because of Ron and his embargo. then injuries, plus whatever Kensdale has done. so Ron's left a proper **** sandwich to COSU. we need to remember this, and that they only took over 2 weeks before the season started

Back