• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
If we lost out on this lad to Dagenham now then seriously wtf. We have a tiny squad, just cashed in on striker and pull in about >400% more people in the gate every week. We should be blowing them out the water.
In fairness itā€™s entirely possible heā€™s got zero interest in going to the other club whoā€™s come in for him. But his agent isnā€™t going to tell us that and can use that interest to try and put a few extra pounds in the packet. Depends how far along the deal was, but Kev jogged Pedder on for being a bit snakey.

These type of signings are often the biggest surprise in a positive way. Bought by Luton when in Prem based on performances and goals in Canadian Prem (donā€™t know what level that is)-

Itā€™s primarily retired hockey players vs Kodiak Bears. Winner gets a bottle of maple syrup.

I think.

As with the likes of Wealdstone, and a number of NL sides outside the big spenders, I think we (and Kev) are going to have to rely on the loan market to get any quality in numbers- or special situations as with Moncur where the club had attractions unrelated to Ā£Ā£Ā£

ā€œIt doesnā€™t mean we will be stuck in the N L foreverā€.
How do people feel about playing in the National League South next season?
The last few days, plus the injury list, has turned us from an upper mid-table side into one that might flirt with the drop.
Behave

In fairness itā€™s entirely possible heā€™s got zero interest in going to the other club whoā€™s come in for him. But his agent isnā€™t going to tell us that and can use that interest to try and put a few extra pounds in the packet. Depends how far along the deal was, but Kev jogged Pedder on for being a bit snakey.
I hope that's true but the fact CP is saying it alarms me

Quite possible of course- if itā€™s a Pedder type of deal I doubt that will anything like fly in this case but I know what you mean..

Daggers have a bigger budget than us don't they? I'm sure they're owned by rich Americans or something.

We have a game tomorrow and it looks like zero fit forwards. Maybe this is a 4 week loan to ā€œget some bodies inā€ while waiting for the main targets to hopefully come good. And who knows. He may be goodā€¦
And then, when he does go, the moaners about bringing him in now will moan that we only got him on a month's loan.

Does anyone know what our budget roughly is? Doesn't seem right we've basically maxed our budget out on about 20 players

COSU need to dig deep and start signing some players, bit like what 7,000 plus have done this season. We are in danger of having poor season with no hopes of the play offs. Show some ambition.

Does anyone know what our budget roughly is? Doesn't seem right we've basically maxed our budget out on about 20 players

Vaguely. The new contracts were given at substantial increases on previous contracts, and (IMHO quite rightly) the club wanted to reward those loyal through the past 2 seasons. Cardwell leaving will at least free up some wage budget, he was one of the highest earners.

My understanding is that 22 players is the goal, to be supplemented by loans as and when required. There is room in the budget (even before Cardwell departs) but the club very much want to secure the right players within it and are being patient and sticking to their guns.

Trust the process.

Back