• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Surely the Rangers connection can send us a loan in or something rather than potentially playing defenders up front which it looks like we might be doing tomorrow šŸ™ˆ

Can everyone remember that Forest Green got to sign Harry Cardwell on 30th August next summer when everyone claims 'only duds are left' after July 1st?
The difference is, the best free agents are available on the 1st of July.

I don't think any fan suggested you can't go and buy a good player later in the window. Any club with money and the ability can go an pay Ā£120k salary and triple a players salary is able to do that. Not many clubs can though.

Unfortunately not anywhere near the Ā£200k mark
Thatā€™s disappointing. If itā€™s much less it shows the ineptitude commercially on contracts / clauses. An area for us to improve within. Weā€™ve been dreadful in this regard for as long as I can remember. The amount of money we have left on the table over the years as players go ā€˜on the cheapā€™ is staggering. I donā€™t know what we paid Chorley but there canā€™t be too much profit in it for a key asset & top scorer with 18 last season. Then the cost of replacing him ..

Given all weā€™ve been through as a fanbase over the last few years, the last month represents a minor inconvenience in comparison. You wouldnā€™t guess that by some of the reactions on here though, embarrassing tbh.
Yea I agree totally - minor inconvenience selling your best striker, in a squad that has 1 fit striker.

In fact, its blinding business Jedi, dunno what these others are moaning about.

Hope we sell Colin today too, that'll stick it to em!

Back