• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
I'm pretty sure the release clause was mentioned on here around the time when Cardwell signed his new contract. Something in the region of Ā£120k was my recollection.
Yes that is what is being said up there, they met the release clause yesterday and are offering to triple his current wage on a 3 year contract, they want the deal completed today. I notice that dodgy Twitter site TC9 has picked up on that too, could they be right for a change!

We need 2 first team XI strikers and a third on loan to cover the 2 lads who are injured

Not to mention the other areas we are short in

We are in a bit of a rebuilding era now, forget what was and could have been achieved in recent years, this season is all about foundations off of the pitch and a comfortable mid-table finish
I would have no issue with this if last season wasn't so 'successful' under far worse circumstances.

If they want it completed today then we have to have a replacement in today as well- rumour is there is someone lined up but it has been delayed? Would we inject a few Ā£Ā£Ā£ from the Cardwell sale to get an incoming over the line (bit of an upgrade maybe in terms of what we were going to do? )

This feels like a pretty crap day.

If the release clause is true, Ā£120k to FGR and that scumbag of an owner isn't much to shell out. They were apparently willing to increase McCallum's wages so, they could probably double Harry's and have some change left.

You couldn't blame him for taking the money, it was also the model Kev spoke about when the whiteboard was first mentioned. Buy for X and sell for Y.

I thinks Cards cost us around Ā£20-30k, so getting Ā£120k proves the concept.

It's just crap timing with the injuries we have.

Time for Justin and the gang to show us if they are buyers or sellers.

This feels like a pretty crap day.

If the release clause is true, Ā£120k to FGR and that scumbag of an owner isn't much to shell out. They were apparently willing to increase McCallum's wages so, they could probably double Harry's and have some change left.

You couldn't blame him for taking the money, it was also the model Kev spoke about when the whiteboard was first mentioned. Buy for X and sell for Y.

I thinks Cards cost us around Ā£20-30k, so getting Ā£120k proves the concept.

It's just crap timing with the injuries we have.

Time for Justin and the gang to show us if they are buyers or sellers.
The rumour is they are going to treble his current salary, so what does that amount to, maybe Ā£5K a week for 3 years, there is no way Cardwell will turn that down.Clubs like ours will always be selling clubs, we have sold so many over the last few years and made good money.

If we sold Harry cardwell today and we had no ready replacement to come straight in to replace him that would be really poor from us a long journey to make for tomorrows game today I assume? And without one fit striker currently at the club.
So Il say this there must be players or a player to come in today if not it was done yesterday. It has to be right?

The rumour is they are going to treble his current salary, so what does that amount to, maybe Ā£5K a week for 3 years, there is no way Cardwell will turn that down.Clubs like ours will always be selling clubs, we have sold so many over the last few years and made good money.
It's going to be hard for him to turn down for sure, but on the flip side, he will know he should be going to the EFL. He's 27, if he signs for 3 years at FGR that could effectively end his chances of playing in the EFL. Money doesn't guarantee you promotion at this level, it helps a lot but you need a lot of other things too and FGR may be favourites but there are no guarantees.

It's going to be hard for him to turn down for sure, but on the flip side, he will know he should be going to the EFL. He's 27, if he signs for 3 years at FGR that could effectively end his chances of playing in the EFL. Money doesn't guarantee you promotion at this level, it helps a lot but you need a lot of other things too and FGR may be favourites but there are no guarantees.
Promotion at FGR certainly seems much more likely than here right now.

Yes that is what is being said up there, they met the release clause yesterday and are offering to triple his current wage on a 3 year contract, they want the deal completed today. I notice that dodgy Twitter site TC9 has picked up on that too, could they be right for a change!

If this is true then reluctantly if he goes its with my blessing and eternal thanks for being one of the band of brothers and everything he has done in a Southend shirt. A true honest professional with damn fine hair.

Big shame if he goes but we are where we are in terms of finances and I wouldn't support breaking the bank to keep players. Fingers crossed the whiteboard has got some names ready to go!

Yes I see your point but if he joins them and does well, he will probably get another deal elsewhere from a league club, most players at his age are looking to increase their earnings as their career is very short. I think if it is as we think it is he will certainly join them, he will be playing in front of very low attendances but most players are not bothered about that, it is money and contract length that is most desired.

If this is true then reluctantly if he goes its with my blessing and eternal thanks for being one of the band of brothers and everything he has done in a Southend shirt. A true honest professional with damn fine hair.
Absolutely this. Iā€™ve been at my current employer for 12 years, but if someone headhunted me for essentially the same role and offered me 3x my salary, thereā€™d be close to zero chance of me not leaving. Donā€™t blame him for a second.

Back