• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Thatā€™s disappointing. If itā€™s much less it shows the ineptitude commercially on contracts / clauses. An area for us to improve within. Weā€™ve been dreadful in this regard for as long as I can remember. The amount of money we have left on the table over the years as players go ā€˜on the cheapā€™ is staggering. I donā€™t know what we paid Chorley but there canā€™t be too much profit in it for a key asset & top scorer with 18 last season. Then the cost of replacing him ..
Itā€™s not ideal but he was out of contract in the summer and Exeter were sniffing around.

I wouldnā€™t want to sell him for Ā£120k but Iā€™d rather lose him for Ā£120k than for nothing.

The sell on clause will have been negotiated as part of getting him to re-sign and meant that instead of receiving nothing we get something. In those circumstances it was the commercially smart thing to do.

Of course the real issue was that we werenā€™t able to extend his contract before Exeter and Forest Green began sniffing around. Thatā€™s because we were under a contract embargo. We know the reason why we were under an embargo until Christmas.

This is the bit that really irks me. They got relegated last season because they didnā€™t spend enough. Now are spending it like it grows on trees. Itā€™s easier to stay up than get promoted. And theyā€™ve taken one of the two slots for everyone else.
Over confidence I think, when they signed Cotterill they thought he could turn their fortunes around, he nearly did it but their luck finally ran out. Dale Vince is worth over Ā£100 million so he will keep chucking money at it in the hope of getting back 1st time of asking.

Just done a bit of digging on this, as this was news to me last night.

Cards DOES have a release clause, and FGR HAVE met this. As a result, we have no option but to accept. This isnā€™t a lack of ambition on our part, but part of football.

Cards signed a new deal, with a pay rise and a release clause which was from their side, not the Clubs. The Club then tries to get it as high as possible, whilst the agent tries to get it as low as possible.

The Club HAVE tried their best to keep him, but he has traveled to FGR today (hence why he isnā€™t at training). Now, I imagine he will sign for them, but there is still a chance he says no. We will have to wait on that. Hopefully a Roots Hall burger is more appealing than a vegan burgerā€¦On second thoughts šŸ˜¬

In terms of players, I personally feel Cardwell is the hardest to replace. His size, his work rate, his ability to score goals and everything else. He should be playing in the EFL so itā€™s disappointing we could lose him to a side in the same division, but make no mistake about it FGR are throwing money at their promotion push. Cards can double or triple his wages, nice signing on fee too. I actually think heā€™d be mad to turn them down.

If he does go, Iā€™ll be gutted. As a player, I love Cards and we are weaker when he isnā€™t there. It will be one hell of a job to replace him, but Iā€™d back Still & the amigos to do a good job. Wonder if we turn back to McCullum (this isnā€™t me hinting) as Cards replacement.
Problem with McCallum is the wages and fee. Isn't that what put FGR'S off? Plus, there is no resale value and wouldn't fall into what the club are trying to do financially. I would obviously love him to come in though, just can't see it.

Do you know of any other irons in the fire? Is Adarkwa and Bonne dead?

Just done a bit of digging on this, as this was news to me last night.

Cards DOES have a release clause, and FGR HAVE met this. As a result, we have no option but to accept. This isnā€™t a lack of ambition on our part, but part of football.

Cards signed a new deal, with a pay rise and a release clause which was from their side, not the Clubs. The Club then tries to get it as high as possible, whilst the agent tries to get it as low as possible.

The Club HAVE tried their best to keep him, but he has traveled to FGR today (hence why he isnā€™t at training). Now, I imagine he will sign for them, but there is still a chance he says no. We will have to wait on that. Hopefully a Roots Hall burger is more appealing than a vegan burgerā€¦On second thoughts šŸ˜¬

In terms of players, I personally feel Cardwell is the hardest to replace. His size, his work rate, his ability to score goals and everything else. He should be playing in the EFL so itā€™s disappointing we could lose him to a side in the same division, but make no mistake about it FGR are throwing money at their promotion push. Cards can double or triple his wages, nice signing on fee too. I actually think heā€™d be mad to turn them down.

If he does go, Iā€™ll be gutted. As a player, I love Cards and we are weaker when he isnā€™t there. It will be one hell of a job to replace him, but Iā€™d back Still & the amigos to do a good job. Wonder if we turn back to McCullum (this isnā€™t me hinting) as Cards replacement.

P.S. Mods, this can be duplicated or even moved to the Cardwell thread. I thought I was replying in that one.
Shame to lose him to a league rival for sure . But money talks at end of the day .. be tough to replace for sure if he does defo go .

But I just canā€™t see us getting Mcallum due to the funds imo plus future sell on due to him being a bit older ..

But letā€™s see what happens and trust JS and heā€™s army

@Blues4LifeDan @Callumturner22

I agree about McCullum, and I said why we wonā€™t sign him during the summer, and itā€™s probably still the case.

However, IF we lose Kens & Cards following an indifferent start, what better way to bring the fans back around than with a marquee signing, and McCullum would certainly fit that category
Yeah very true from that point of view .. would give us fans a big boost either way onto tomorrow looking forward to the trip even with a small squad

@Blues4LifeDan @Callumturner22

I agree about McCullum, and I said why we wonā€™t sign him during the summer, and itā€™s probably still the case.

However, IF we lose Kens & Cards following an indifferent start, what better way to bring the fans back around than with a marquee signing, and McCullum would certainly fit that category
I agree and I'm sure the two combined wages, coupled with the transfer fee we get for Cards could help us.

McCallum and Moncur excites me way too much.

Unfortunately, it will never happen šŸ˜¢

Back