• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
If we sold Harry cardwell today and we had no ready replacement to come straight in to replace him that would be really poor from us a long journey to make for tomorrows game today I assume? And without one fit striker currently at the club.
So Il say this there must be players or a player to come in today if not it was done yesterday. It has to be right?
We dont have a choice if they pay his buy out clause

I think for now the owners will be looking to clear debts left from the previous owner and improve the stadium, that will take a lot of money so the team will suffer in terms of financial input for a few seasons I would think.
That makes sense but improving the capacity of the ground etc will not mean much if the team are struggling as the support will drop off. I get the debts bit though.

Any Cardwell money i feel will make little difference, but we desperately need to bolster the ever declining squad.

This is all part of being a sustainable club and Jon stills magic coming to light. Profit on a good player that we plucked from part time football. The only disappointment will be if we have nothing close to replace

Testing times for Kev and losing Cards and Kensdale in the same week will hurt and put a big dent in our challenge to get out of this league

with all of the above going on and COSU focusing on stabilizing things i wouldn't blame Kev for getting a bit frustrated and disengaged with the vision, i just have this niggle that this season could test a few peoples patience and it may have to get a little worse before it gets better

If we sold Harry cardwell today and we had no ready replacement to come straight in to replace him that would be really poor from us a long journey to make for tomorrows game today I assume? And without one fit striker currently at the club.
So Il say this there must be players or a player to come in today if not it was done yesterday. It has to be right?
There have been heavy hints of a signing or two imminent. We do need those both over the line and in the squad tomorrow no doubt about it. Preferably more than two, of course, but that’s probably not realistic.

Testing times for Kev and losing Cards and Kensdale in the same week will hurt and put a big dent in our challenge to get out of this league
It all depends on the replacements doesn’t it? I have faith in our football department. It’s been a rocky few weeks in terms of targets missed, scandals and (likely about to be) sales.

The recruitment hasn’t let us down up to now though and I back them to unearth some more Cardwells, Kensdales, GSMs and Husins.

In a month’s time we could be either in deep **** or with HMS **** the league having been refloated and heading out the harbour.

It’s never dull supporting Southend United is it?

This feels like a pretty crap day.

If the release clause is true, £120k to FGR and that scumbag of an owner isn't much to shell out. They were apparently willing to increase McCallum's wages so, they could probably double Harry's and have some change left.

You couldn't blame him for taking the money, it was also the model Kev spoke about when the whiteboard was first mentioned. Buy for X and sell for Y.

I thinks Cards cost us around £20-30k, so getting £120k proves the concept.

It's just crap timing with the injuries we have.

Time for Justin and the gang to show us if they are buyers or sellers.
We're sellers. That's the while point.

Now we can see why Kev was so keen to get a couple of strikers in. I'll say it again, we won't win the league .. people need to realise COSU are on the scene of a massive motorway pile up right now, with what they've inherited and what needs doing.

IF we lose Harry it's unfortunate/bad timing but we can't do much about it - I assume IF it happens and we can't get an EFL striker permanently we will look to get a loan in until Walker/Waldron regain fitness. Maybe we'll see slightly different tactics with wingers deployed (Wood on the right?). We got through worse last season. The football department must be frustrated but anyone expecting instant success, or for us to **** the league, was way off track.

Promotion at FGR certainly seems much more likely than here right now.
It is more likely (it was always more likely), but not guaranteed. Extremely early days of course but nobody is running away with it and the likes of Barnet will be challengers for sure.

A club matching the clause in the contract simply allows that club to speak to the player. It doesn’t mean the selling club has to accept the offer,
Absolutely no point putting the clause in if the club holds the power.

The idea of it is that it puts the power in the players' hands.

Meeting the clause triggers the right of the bidding club to open discussions with the player.

If the player agrees terms and wants to leave, the selling club cannot stand in his way and he will depart.

Back