• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
I'm going to keep banging this drum until people stop doing it, but how any true fan can complain about Maher is beyond me. To go through what he has the last two years and have us in the frame for playoffs in some form on both occasions was astounding. Then we get a takeover and all was supposed to be plain sailing. He is then faced with potentially losing his two biggest assets and an array of injuries to boot. We were also unable to bring in who we wanted because the takeover took so long and we're left with the scraps. Please tell me now who could manage those circumstances better? Unbelievable that he gets attacked.

On Cardwell, that really upsets me. I could take losing Kensdale, but Cards is a different animal. He is the perfect number 9 at this level. I'd take it on the chin losing him to the EFL, but the NL would really hurt. I wouldn't knock him, as it's a short career and the money being offered would be hard to to turn down. Just really hard to take that it's in the same league for a lifeless club.

We've fought off worse and will survive. Just need to ride out this negativity. We are Southend UNITED!

We have 3 or 4 injured.
One who's gone rogue
One is likely to become vegan
Potentially 5 or 6 down and without a striker to our name.

Let's make sure we get the right ones in.

I'd hate us to rush things and make mistakes.
Also, as Billy Butcher would say, don't get a bunch of c##nts

I'm going to keep banging this drum until people stop doing it, but how any true fan can complain about Maher is beyond me. To go through what he has the last two years and have us in the frame for playoffs in some form on both occasions was astounding. Then we get a takeover and all was supposed to be plain sailing. He is then faced with potentially losing his two biggest assets and an array of injuries to boot. We were also unable to bring in who we wanted because the takeover took so long and we're left with the scraps. Please tell me now who could manage those circumstances better? Unbelievable that he gets attacked.

On Cardwell, that really upsets me. I could take losing Kensdale, but Cards is a different animal. He is the perfect number 9 at this level. I'd take it on the chin losing him to the EFL, but the NL would really hurt. I wouldn't knock him, as it's a short career and the money being offered would be hard to to turn down. Just really hard to take that it's in the same league for a lifeless club.

We've fought off worse and will survive. Just need to ride out this negativity. We are Southend UNITED!
We ain’t though currently, I’m afraid to say IMO.

I just hope if he goes, We have enough names on the infamous whiteboard left, so that we can get an instant replacement, because with the injuries we are carrying, we're going to need to replace quickly.

Re. cards himself, I will be very sad if he does go, as he has improved no end here, but wouldn't begrudge him the increased wages as people have mentioned before against the length of playing career.

Hopefully, the sell on we may have agreed with Chorley won't be too great, so we'd have some cash to re-invest in the squad.

We couldnt all of last season? Played Maidenhead with one sub? I promise you Kev would go into a game with only 11 players in the squad, he would never postpone or forfeit a game

I didn't say he would. I was just correcting your players from the youth team comment.

Understand that Forest Green are set to announce the signing of a striker from the EFL later on today, who they have spent a decent fee on. This doesn’t mean Cardwell is definitely staying, however, if anything it is a slight positive.

The worrying thing from fan perspective is Southend aren't bringing in players when we desperately need to, that's been the case for the last few months. With kensdale and cardwell potentially going we need to be active in the transfer window. We need potentially 4 new signings.

Back