• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
On the pitch affairs still a bit $#!t, extremely fussy transfer policy seemingly looking to sign perfect people on perfect money because we dare not take a slight risk on players....injuries, scandals, buy out clauses.
We won't fill the bench on Saturday....Still poor.
Frustrated to say the least.

They'll offer him an extra grand a week, he'll say to the club if you.match it I'll stay the club will not match it, he Will leave.
Lot of money. I donā€™t begrudge him at all, he canā€™t turn that down. Would go with our appreciation. Be a sad day, he is a great striker, a real throwback but thatā€™s a lot of money to turn down.

Well, hope he rejects them then
How could he refuse. I get the loyalty card etc but if someone offers me another Ā£1.5-2 k a week I wouldnā€™t hesitate. Itā€™s a short career and at 27 he has to look after number 1. Itā€™s football unfortunately. But this would cause us a huge headache. More worryingly Chris Phillips doesnā€™t tweet stuff unless the story has legs. Feel itā€™s time for the club/Cosu to make a statement giving us some sort of update of where we are at. Some improvements to the stadium fine, but on the pitch we need what 4-5 players and donā€™t seem to be making any progress

How could he refuse. I get the loyalty card etc but if someone offers me another Ā£1.5-2 k a week I wouldnā€™t hesitate. Itā€™s a short career and at 27 he has to look after number 1. Itā€™s football unfortunately. But this would cause us a huge headache. More worryingly Chris Phillips doesnā€™t tweet stuff unless the story has legs. Feel itā€™s time for the club/Cosu to make a statement giving us some sort of update of where we are at. Some improvements to the stadium fine, but on the pitch we need what 4-5 players and donā€™t seem to be making any progress
Agreed, it seems like we get the same comments from Maher every week and nothing really happens in terms of signings

Agreed, it seems like we get the same comments from Maher every week and nothing really happens in terms of signings
Possibly due to the fact we lost half the summer to an embargo while everyone else snapped up our top targets.

The EFL deadline is tomorrow and that will possibly free up some players to become available.

I do think as a fan base our expectations are way too high for this season. It was never going to be easy.

I don't begrudge it at all. What I'm a tad miffed with is our snails pace transfer policy....compounded by injuries and scandal
Yeah, it is immensely frustrating. I think we all wanted/needed fast action given the lows weā€™ve been through to keep the feel good vibe going. I feel like theyā€™ve messed up slightly, like when we lost Corr after going up, he was our talisman and it set the tone. This slow pace has set the tone and set the fanbase on edge, whether unjustly or not, we are hugely damaged as fans. The injuries are unfortunate and if happened last year weā€™d have been sunk. Weā€™ve been through too much but Iā€™m trying to keep perspective, we will get it right in the end this season, no doubt, I trust the football management team but it wonā€™t be easy or fast.

Possibly due to the fact we lost half the summer to an embargo while everyone else snapped up our top targets.

The EFL deadline is tomorrow and that will possibly free up some players to become available.

I do think as a fan base our expectations are way too high for this season. It was never going to be easy.
Fair comment but just frustrating

Back