• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
was talking with the blokes around me today, and we're agreed we probably want more similar to Moncur as we've had a few who've come up from below, but we're lacking the quality. Moncur looks class for about 30 minutes a game. if we had another one or two at that level we probably win today. so some football league quality please. Ideally for Essex Senior League fee and wages. not too much to ask is it?

If it is true, it’s concerning that we keep losing youth players, there was Shehu to Hull last week, last season Wooster to Newcastle, now potentially Hatcliff. Additionally Sandat too but he was already on a pro deal.

If it is true, it’s concerning that we keep losing youth players, there was Shehu to Hull last week, last season Wooster to Newcastle, now potentially Hatcliff. Additionally Sandat too but he was already on a pro deal.
that's EPPP though isn't it? literally set up so bigger clubs can take young players from smaller clubs without having to pay, or only pay a little, for them

Don’t think there’s anything we can do now we’ve lost Academy status unless we give them all pro deals. That’s what we’ve done with Beau and Mikey Faulkner (and would have done with Sandat if we hadn’t been under embargo) - and on that point what was the issue that stopped us naming Beau on the bench today?

I don't recall anyone claiming he was training with us at all. As far as I'm aware, Posh had him training with the u21s (or some other youth age group).

A few people definitely said he had trained with us, and I said I hadn’t been able to confirm it and didn’t believe it to be the case.

Gubbins trained with us before signing.

Back