• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
I am absolutely stunned by this thread at the moment. Are there really people questioning Still and Maher on recruitment? They could only start once the latest embargo was cleared. I don’t know the stats but I would think since Maher took over and Still joined we have spent more time under an embargo than out of it. How can they be expected to have transformed the squad when that is the case?

Time is needed. I genuinely think some on here need a reality check. To get promoted this season is another huge ask given the starting point we are at. The squad is simply not good enough and surely anyone can see that. But to improve it is a slow burner as it should be.

Agreed. If only we could find a manager with a winning mentality. Someone who had a history of winning promotions and titles. Someone who players respected & wanted to play for. Someone who could be good enough to win Manager of the Season in the league we play in.

And then, to put the cherry on the top, imagine if he was a Southend legend, someone who had the club running through his veins.

Man we’d be lucky to find someone like that.

Although if he didn’t win us the league within the first 4 games, we could have a look see if we could find another one. Or better yet, implement my long wanted idea of managerial winner-stays-on.

Agreed.

Pleasingly, Kev has the safest job in English Football.

Fans are so dramatic . Acting like we’ve just lost to a team 3 divisions Below. We narrowly lost by a penalty against the title favourites. Win tomorrow and everyone will be buzzing again.
Let`s see how we do this season? I`m not a big fan of sideways, backwards football? I`d rather we set up to go at teams from the off, rather than setting up defensively to soak up the pressure and then go at them. I know the limitations of what has gone on, and we are a work in progress, that doesn`t mean you cannot set up to attack teams? We seem too deep, and that in itself invites teams onto you. It`s probably more frustration than anything, we all want success, and our time will come eventually, but we`ll be in this league for a while yet. Let`s hope that if it doesn`t work, they have other options to offer and maybe tinker with the formation. It`s when you play the same system, makes subs on the dot in the 60th minute, and it still doesn`t work, maybe have a plan B or plan C in your back pocket. We are quite predictable at the moment, easy for other teams to hatchet a plan to counter us. I hope to see an improvement over the coming months, the jury is out until then.

I was in Adventure Island, yesterday and saw a lad wearing a Gillingham team shirt with, Monne, on the back. I asked him if he was any good, the fella pulled a face and said he's not that good at EFL level but, may be okay in National League; he followed that up with 'To be honest mate I wouldn't have had his name on my shirt, but I lost a bet and had to go through with it'.

With potential targets injured (Adarkwa) or gone (Tshimanga) I wonder if Kev might now be looking at long term loans. We clearly had some luck with Sheffield Wednesday but don’t know if the Lapata saga soured that and had hoped that Stan might open up a new pipeline but that ship seems to have sailed.

With potential targets injured (Adarkwa) or gone (Tshimanga) I wonder if Kev might now be looking at long term loans. We clearly had some luck with Sheffield Wednesday United but don’t know if the Lapata saga soured that and had hoped that Stan might open up a new pipeline but that ship seems to have sailed.

Corrected for you. :Thumbs up:

I was in Adventure Island, yesterday and saw a lad wearing a Gillingham team shirt with, Monne, on the back. I asked him if he was any good, the fella pulled a face and said he's not that good at EFL level but, may be okay in National League; he followed that up with 'To be honest mate I wouldn't have had his name on my shirt, but I lost a bet and had to go through with it'.
Assume if he had won the bet he would have got the one with Bonne on the back…

now down to one striker We need one in ASAP cards cant work alone And woods is not good enough Either get a loan in or buy some one ptetty dam quick .

This thread needs to be the busiest this week, extremely disappointing if no one is brought in by Saturday.

The business we’ve done so far has been very lacklustre, yes I’m aware we were delayed in being able to do things.
Moncur and Wind both look very decent to me to be fair. It’s just we need 4 more signings of similar quality, and to get a bit of a break from niggly injuries and illnesses.

With Walker, Waldron, Kensdale, Coker and Miley either injured or with knocks, we are down to the bare bones again. Signings needed this week as the EFL window shuts on Friday 11pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back