• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Is this still transfer thread?

Just what I was thinking.

A number of the posts have little or nothing to do with transfers. Obviously don't want to stop people posting but I would have thought that the idea of having different threads was to keep separate discussions ........... well, separate. [shoulder shrug]

Where is a moderator when you need one?

A number of the posts have little or nothing to do with transfers. Obviously don't want to stop people posting but I would have thought that the idea of having different threads was to keep separate discussions ........... well, separate. [shoulder shrug]

In between having a life, we are around and letting topics progress wherever we can without intervention. Quite a few recent posts have been adjuncts to transfer discussion, and reasons why transfer progress may not yet be evident. Hope that helps, I'm now off for my Sunday dinner.

I don't disagree with you often BW2, but I have to on this one. We won on Tuesday against Boston and some of us, me included were pointing out the shortcomings we have in the team during that game, the mistakes that were only too visible and the fact that they would come home to roost against the better teams.

Poor deliveries and weighting of free kicks, miss placed and wrong choices of pass, finishing etc. All were visible yesterday and low and behold against a better team it cost us.

The secret is to realise these shortcomings are there and until the squad is improved they will remain so. The next thing to do is not think we are the best team in the world when we win and the world has caved in when we lose.

However, in the time between matches I have no doubt the management team are working on our areas of vulnerability within the squad, but it's going to take time.

What will make the difference is a couple of wins, a build up of confidence and improvement on our execution of the basics, at the moment it's the basics that are costing us.

There are always deficiencies in our play, as there are with all sides at this level.

Barnet undoubtedly was a step up from Boston. I felt we were professional against Boston and didnā€™t reach the same standard against Barnet.

Thatā€™s the problem with people. When we win, we will win the league, when we lose we are going down. The key, and something Kev drums into the lads is, never to get to high when we win and never too low when we lose.

Everyone is working tirelessly to get things right here, and I have no doubt it will under Kev. Donā€™t forget the season is a marathon, and because of the protracted takeover, we are running 30 miles and everyone else is doing the 26.2. We were late to the party with signings, our training facilities arenā€™t up to scratch and plenty more behind the scenes.

There are always deficiencies in our play, as there are with all sides at this level.

Barnet undoubtedly was a step up from Boston. I felt we were professional against Boston and didnā€™t reach the same standard against Barnet.

Thatā€™s the problem with people. When we win, we will win the league, when we lose we are going down. The key, and something Kev drums into the lads is, never to get to high when we win and never too low when we lose.

Everyone is working tirelessly to get things right here, and I have no doubt it will under Kev. Donā€™t forget the season is a marathon, and because of the protracted takeover, we are running 30 miles and everyone else is doing the 26.2. We were late to the party with signings, our training facilities arenā€™t up to scratch and plenty more behind the scenes.
Incredibly difficult to do when by it's nature Football (and other sports) are highly emotive and carry a lot of "What have you done for me lately?" attitudes.

I'm sure Kev is still looking at players but hopefully they won't be too long behind. We don't need a lot at least

You can tell we lost yesterday.

Had we won 2-1, instead of losing 2-1, weā€™d be saying how good all our players were. Football fans are fantastic, itā€™s always **** or bust isnā€™t it, no inbetween.

Canā€™t it be the players are good enough and had an off day, which we do quite often infront of big crowds.
Then we need players who is motivated to play in front of big crowds. I bet lots of players playing for like of Barnet, Gateshead, Woking and Solihull would love to play for us.

Then we need players who is motivated to play in front of big crowds. I bet lots of players playing for like of Barnet, Gateshead, Woking and Solihull would love to play for us.

They are motivated.

Iā€™m not sure there are many at Gateshead, who I think will go up this year.

There is one thing wanting to play in front of big crowds, and there is another one of doing it.

They are motivated.

Iā€™m not sure there are many at Gateshead, who I think will go up this year.

There is one thing wanting to play in front of big crowds, and there is another one of doing it.
I remember John Still reminded his Luton team after he took over that club with small crowds, has teams that is motivated to try hard against his Luton team, because they ā€œwanted to impress and play for Lutonā€.

Can we transfer posters who persistently go off topic ?

It does have bit to do with the recruitment though because we signing the likes of morton and Waldron who clearly not up to it. No fault of there own there just not good enough and being able to handle the pressure. I guess the only way to solve this problem is to sign more players from the EFL instead of lads who used to playing infront of 1 man and his dog. I do agree we don't do well infront of big away crowds.
I think it is too early to say that Morton and Waldron are "clearly not up to it". Some of our best players over the years have not been instant successes. Kevin Maher himself really struggled when he first came to the club. Indeed, Alan Little the manager at the time tried wanted to move him on. Kensdale has now become a firmly established member of the team but there were a lot of doubters about his early appearances in the side.

Both Waldron and Morton have shown promise, but do not yet have the confidence that flows from an extended run in the side.

This train of thought falls at the first hurdle. A huge majority of players we've signed in this squad always played in front of smaller crowds.

Or would you like us to sign the entire squad from your beloved Col Ewe, seeing as their crowds are lower than ours?

Yes they would have, or Barnet not played as well obviously.

I donā€™t have superior knowledge, Iā€™m just saying how I see it.

For arguements sake, Waldon scores his header before Gusā€™ equaliser and then Gus scores that and we go 1-2 up.

Morton comes on as a double pivot alongside Miley and we see the game out, we wouldnā€™t be seeing anywhere near as many posts stating Morton & Waldron arenā€™t good enough.

Obviously that didnā€™t happen, and we are where we are.

I donā€™t have the whiteboard silly. Surely your mate Pete (but that ainā€™t his real name) could have told you thatā€¦
Is this the same Pete that said Morton crowther and Waldron werenā€™t good enough and got shouted down by you ?

Is this the same Pete that said Morton crowther and Waldron werenā€™t good enough and got shouted down by you ?

Was the same Morton who got assists and same Waldron that scored goals. Wasnā€™t everyone raving about Crowther too when he first broke in as well?

Didnā€™t realise Crowther was in the firing line now as well.

Was the same Morton who got assists and same Waldron that scored goals. Wasnā€™t everyone raving about Crowther too when he first broke in as well?

Didnā€™t realise Crowther was in the firing line now as well.
Crowther isnā€™t in the firing line but point being he doesnā€™t improve the starting 11

Back