• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
If we signed Bonne I would be even more impressed than if we signed Kabongo Tshimanga, what a signing for us at National League level

Is this a sign, I wonder (probably not, heā€™s just read SZ / X!)... not the main recommendation, but the other link

from the article
Southend United ā€“ Brad Dolaghan

If Southend United are serious about challenging for promotion, they ideally need to add more than just the one player; they have a worringly small squad (by far the smallest in the division) and so extra bodies are required to give them better depth, and importantly to allow Kevin Maher to manage minutes more effectively. They have since gone out and added the attacking midfielder they needed in George Moncur, and so instead I think that they should go out and add a forward. The player that I would go for is Brad Dolaghan.

With reports recently that The Blues are in the market to sign Sean Adarkwa, I made clear who I felt that they should go for instead and suggested that they try to bring in youngster Brad Dolaghan. He recently completed his move to West Ham United after impressing for The Hammers on trial during the summer, and with an immediate route into the first-team with The Hammers unlikely, I feel that he would benefit from going out on loan to get some more minutes under his belt to continue his development.

Dolaghan impressed last term with Worthing, and he is a player who caught the eye when I saw him play. He lead the line with such maturity and intelligence that was befitting of a player many years his senior. He can receive the ball with his back to goal, can make runs in behind, and links the play well. He is good in the air, whilst he is wiry he holds it up nicely, and he is a selfless, hard-working player that can run the channels and press smartly from the front. He offers Southend United a different type of striker to what they have, and after a good season with Worthing at National League South level, a move to Roots Hall would do him the world of good

we are NO LONGER by far the smallest, that honour goes to Braintree, but we are still quite small
Awaits mention of Bury and Scunthorpe

There is no doubt another forward would be useful, but we really suffered last season when Cards was injured. We need someone who could emulate what Cards brings to the team. Walker or Waldron will fine playing along side Harry, but how would they fare without him ? Bringing another player in similar to Walker and Waldron wouldn't be great in my opinion.

Would have been a great signing for the future if we were able to get him whilst he was a free agent. But for the present heā€™s not good enough for this league, especially to mount a promotion push.

Is this a sign, I wonder (probably not, heā€™s just read SZ / X!)... not the main recommendation, but the other link

It mentions Sutton should go for Pedder and Tamworth for Danny Waldron

A little update from today's Peterborough Telegraph regards Tshimanga :-

Another bid for Kabongo has been rejected by Peterborough United

By Alan Swann

Published 21st Aug 2024, 16:00 BST

Posh have rejected a bid from an unnamed Scottish club for transfer-listed centre-forward Kabongo Tshimanga.
Posh have accepted offers from National League clubs for the 26 year-old, but the player wants to stay in the Football League.
League Two side Swindon Town are keen on Tshimanga, but they have only made an attempt to take him on loan by offering to 32% of his current salary.
Posh have dismissed that offer as derisory. They are more hopeful of selling the other transfer-listed players David Ajiboye and Romoney Crichlow before the transfer window shuts next week.
Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony said on his ā€˜Hard Truthā€™ podcast: ā€œOur position with Kabongo is clear. We are asking for less money than we paid for him and offers from two clubs have been accepted. The Scottish club and Swindon havenā€™t offered enough.
"We are trying to do the best for our club and the player. He should go into the National League and score 30 goals in a season and then he would get back in the League.

A little update from today's Peterborough Telegraph regards Tshimanga :-

Another bid for Kabongo has been rejected by Peterborough United

By Alan Swann

Published 21st Aug 2024, 16:00 BST

Posh have rejected a bid from an unnamed Scottish club for transfer-listed centre-forward Kabongo Tshimanga.
Posh have accepted offers from National League clubs for the 26 year-old, but the player wants to stay in the Football League.
League Two side Swindon Town are keen on Tshimanga, but they have only made an attempt to take him on loan by offering to 32% of his current salary.
Posh have dismissed that offer as derisory. They are more hopeful of selling the other transfer-listed players David Ajiboye and Romoney Crichlow before the transfer window shuts next week.
Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony said on his ā€˜Hard Truthā€™ podcast: ā€œOur position with Kabongo is clear. We are asking for less money than we paid for him and offers from two clubs have been accepted. The Scottish club and Swindon havenā€™t offered enough.
"We are trying to do the best for our club and the player. He should go into the National League and score 30 goals in a season and then he would get back in the League.
Think we need to move on,

Back