• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
I'm not saying he isn't worth that, I'm implying we won't pay that. Genuine question, do you think any of our players are actually on what you quote? I can't see any of our players in £2k at this level, with the sustainability drive from COSU. If they are, I can't see us paying the same for another teams player.
I know that one of our players pre COSU who is still with us was on £1500 a week and he was not the highest paid at the club. I expect now the likes of Cardwell, GSM etc are probably on around or over £2k a week.

I know that one of our players pre COSU who is still with us was on £1500 a week and he was not the highest paid at the club. I expect now the likes of Cardwell, GSM etc are probably on around or over £2k a week.
Seems pretty high for a club thats trying to cut the cloth

Seems pretty high for a club thats trying to cut the cloth
Which may mean that once the euphoria of being Ron free dies down , they will be sold (maybe January) , along with Colin , as the Transfer income and the cost saving (in the cases of Gus Cards ) will assist in the goal of sustainability.

Obv if we are in a place where playoffs / promotion are a possibility and attendances are high , then the financial gains of keeping them may well outweigh the cost savings / Fees, but if we are mid table , 5000k gates there may well be a need to thin out the wage bill

Does it? 1500 a week is 78k before tax, many people on here will be earning more than that in careers that have a much longer span.
Yep, £2k a week isn't that much these days. Its only £100k a year. Middle management at most larger companies get at least that, especially near London.

So back to transfers I reckon may be waiting till window shuts as others said for striker. Will we have to speed up if Walker is out?
I guess it depends on who the football department really really want.

If they are confident of getting their preferred choice in the next couple of weeks then we may indeed have a while longer to wait.

If their preferred option is currently without a club, then we may not have very long at all to wait…..

Yep, £2k a week isn't that much these days. Its only £100k a year. Middle management at most larger companies get at least that, especially near London.
Realistically don't think we will have many if any players on £2,000 a week. For example if you have 20 players at an average of say £1,000 a week , then the cost will be £1,040,000 for the year. That cost doesn't include the management team and coaches. On gates of say 7000 that would still leave a shortfall to be covered by Sponsorship and Hospitality. Then of course the Club has other employees.

Tshimanga’s goalscoring record similarly declined with moving up the leagues- Bonne got to the Championship and a £2m fee so a step further.

I would say if you have that issue with Bonne then you certainly have it with Tshimanga too. I guess the most relevant point is we are in the NL.
I was making a point that it's funny he said that when they got the best out of him.

Anyone who we sign is going to have risk attached. The upside to Bonne is potentially huge as he's shown he can deliver at a higher level in the past.

Realistically don't think we will have many if any players on £2,000 a week. For example if you have 20 players at an average of say £1,000 a week , then the cost will be £1,040,000 for the year. That cost doesn't include the management team and coaches. On gates of say 7000 that would still leave a shortfall to be covered by Sponsorship and Hospitality. Then of course the Club has other employees.
If you take £250 as an average season ticket price, with the volume we’ve sold that covers your scenario above.

The club had a wage bill of £2.65m 2022/23 and had 98 employees (64 of these were playing and coaching).

Some of those other employees will be part-time and others will have joined/left during the year.

I'm not saying he isn't worth that, I'm implying we won't pay that. Genuine question, do you think any of our players are actually on what you quote? I can't see any of our players in £2k at this level, with the sustainability drive from COSU. If they are, I can't see us paying the same for another teams player.
I was told that our highest earners are on £1.9k a week

Or negotiate better, wages have increased in most sectors over the last couple of years.

For some context a train driver will earn more than 1500 a week for 4 days work

That's a unionised sector. For most sectors, wages have not increased in real terms. The median salary is still only £35k. And £100k roles are very rare.

Back