• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
And rightly so.

We should not be bowing down to a 22 year old, who was released from QPR, whose only experience is a few games for Oxford City.
Indeed.

His first interviews after he was appointed manager were interesting as they were a complete shift in mindset to what came before.

He was very clear that the club was embarking on a period of success and the management team had chosen certain players to he part of it. Either they wanted to be involved or he would look elsewhere.

The issue was, as always, that he sold that to the players whilst Ron had him chained to an anchor. That anchor has now gone.

Indeed.

His first interviews after he was appointed manager were interesting as they were a complete shift in mindset to what came before.

He was very clear that the club was embarking on a period of success and the management team had chosen certain players to he part of it. Either they wanted to be involved or he would look elsewhere.

The issue was, as always, that he sold that to the players whilst Ron had him chained to an anchor. That anchor has now gone.

One of the things I, and everyone, would have loved is what he said at the start about it being a privilege to wear our shirt.

This isnā€™t a place for free loaders (not suggested Pedder was one) and it should be seen as a honour to represent our great club.

Pedder didnā€™t see it as a privilege, and wants to chance his arm elsewhere which he is entitled to do, however he has burnt bridges by agreeing a deal, being a part of media day and having pictures taken and so forth, and then going back on his word. Kev doesnā€™t like people that go back on their word.

One of the things I, and everyone, would have loved is what he said at the start about it being a privilege to wear our shirt.

This isnā€™t a place for free loaders (not suggested Pedder was one) and it should be seen as a honour to represent our great club.

Pedder didnā€™t see it as a privilege, and wants to chance his arm elsewhere which he is entitled to do, however he has burnt bridges by agreeing a deal, being a part of media day and having pictures taken and so forth, and then going back on his word. Kev doesnā€™t like people that go back on their word.
Too many close encounters with Ronny the Rat probably.

I still think we will get Tshimanga as and when the EFL window shuts.

That's as long as a league side doesn't take a punt
I'm telling myself that we won't (to be fair, it's unlikely at this stage) then if we do get him, what a fantastic bonus! Just imagine if we could have brought him on last night?! That's the kind of fire power that can really elevate your chances of a top 3 finish. But if it even turns out to be Adarkwa, great too. One wonders of the latter isn't happening because we are waiting for the injury to settle down. Let's not forget that our window doesn't shut until March.

I couldnā€™t see him personally but apparently Macauley Bonne was in the directors box last night
I saw someone in a cap being friendly with JD and took him down the tunnel before returning. Wasn't sure who he was at the time. Was definitely him.

Well he has been mentioned on here before. 28, very prolific at this level before going up the leagues- QPR paid Ā£2m for him!! In 2020.
Since ended up at Gills in L2 and loan to Cambridge L1 (following Neil Harris). Free agent- my reaction was another who is likely to be on big wages, there again last in L2 with Gills maybe not so any longer.

Would be a very good signing at this level if indeed he is on the radar.

Tshimanga
Adarkwa
Bonne

Give me any of those and I would be over the moon to be honest. Would finish us off nicely.
Yep, I think Iā€™d perhaps prefer Adarkwa on the chance of improvement and potential future earning, but the other two bring huge experience and composure which would add to our squad just like Moncur. Exciting times. No longer delinquent and hamstring by a potless simpleton.

Last edited:
Yep, I think Iā€™d perhaps prefer Adarkwa on the chance of improvement and potential future earning, but the other two bring huge experience and composure which would add to our squad just like Moncur. Exciting times. No long delinquent and hamstring by a potless simpleton.
I guess Adarkwa and Bonnie would be permanents which may or may not make them more attractive

Well he has been mentioned on here before. 28, very prolific at this level before going up the leagues- QPR paid Ā£2m for him!! In 2020.
Since ended up at Gills in L2 and loan to Cambridge L1 (following Neil Harris). Free agent- my reaction was another who is likely to be on big wages, there again last in L2 with Gills maybe not so any longer.

Would be a very good signing at this level if indeed he is on the radar.
If he's a free agent he'll be on no wages currently

Regrettably there may other clubs interested who will also be willing to pay him more than usā€¦and there will be no subsidies from a parent clubā€¦again regrettablyā€¦but who knows

His goal scoring record isn't fantastic apart from a two year spell at Orient.

Back