• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
A little update from today's Peterborough Telegraph regards Tshimanga :-

Another bid for Kabongo has been rejected by Peterborough United

By Alan Swann

Published 21st Aug 2024, 16:00 BST

Posh have rejected a bid from an unnamed Scottish club for transfer-listed centre-forward Kabongo Tshimanga.
Posh have accepted offers from National League clubs for the 26 year-old, but the player wants to stay in the Football League.
League Two side Swindon Town are keen on Tshimanga, but they have only made an attempt to take him on loan by offering to 32% of his current salary.
Posh have dismissed that offer as derisory. They are more hopeful of selling the other transfer-listed players David Ajiboye and Romoney Crichlow before the transfer window shuts next week.
Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony said on his ā€˜Hard Truthā€™ podcast: ā€œOur position with Kabongo is clear. We are asking for less money than we paid for him and offers from two clubs have been accepted. The Scottish club and Swindon havenā€™t offered enough.
"We are trying to do the best for our club and the player. He should go into the National League and score 30 goals in a season and then he would get back in the League.
So if he is on Ā£4kish, Swindon are only offering Ā£1280. That is obviously a bad offer for Peterborough but I couldn't see us paying more than that either. Definitely need to move on from this. It's a shame as I'd have loved him to come to us but doesn't look at all possible.

A little update from today's Peterborough Telegraph regards Tshimanga :-

Another bid for Kabongo has been rejected by Peterborough United

By Alan Swann

Published 21st Aug 2024, 16:00 BST

Posh have rejected a bid from an unnamed Scottish club for transfer-listed centre-forward Kabongo Tshimanga.
Posh have accepted offers from National League clubs for the 26 year-old, but the player wants to stay in the Football League.
League Two side Swindon Town are keen on Tshimanga, but they have only made an attempt to take him on loan by offering to 32% of his current salary.
Posh have dismissed that offer as derisory. They are more hopeful of selling the other transfer-listed players David Ajiboye and Romoney Crichlow before the transfer window shuts next week.
Posh chairman Darragh MacAnthony said on his ā€˜Hard Truthā€™ podcast: ā€œOur position with Kabongo is clear. We are asking for less money than we paid for him and offers from two clubs have been accepted. The Scottish club and Swindon havenā€™t offered enough.
"We are trying to do the best for our club and the player. He should go into the National League and score 30 goals in a season and then he would get back in the League.
Always a dilemma, to know how much to trust a chairman's words.

If we signed Bonne I would be even more impressed than if we signed Kabongo Tshimanga, what a signing for us at National League level
I saw him play for ipswich few years back. He can play to be fair and has eye for goal, probably step up interms what we currently have. I do question why it hasn't worked out for him at other clubs since his time with ipswich but saying that he should score decent amount of goals in the National League providing he got the hunger and drive to succeed. Bonne and cardwell could potentially be lethal at this level.

Jumping on the ā€œIā€™ve got an Orient supporting mateā€ bandwagon for a moment, my Orient supporting mate said that Bonne was a good player but needed 4 chances to score 1.

šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Jumping on the ā€œIā€™ve got an Orient supporting mateā€ bandwagon for a moment, my Orient supporting mate said that Bonne was a good player but needed 4 chances to score 1.

šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
And at Orient was the only time he's had a good scoring record too!

So if he is on Ā£4kish, Swindon are only offering Ā£1280. That is obviously a bad offer for Peterborough but I couldn't see us paying more than that either. Definitely need to move on from this. It's a shame as I'd have loved him to come to us but doesn't look at all possible.
Why could you not see us paying more? Our top earner will be on easily more than that. To get a player of Tshimangaā€™s quality you have to pay the money. I donā€™t think it would be unreasonable for us to offer to pay Ā£2-Ā£2.5k.

Not saying we should do it but if we want someone of that quality itā€™s what we would be looking to pay.

And at Orient was the only time he's had a good scoring record too!
Tshimangaā€™s goalscoring record similarly declined with moving up the leagues- Bonne got to the Championship and a Ā£2m fee so a step further.

I would say if you have that issue with Bonne then you certainly have it with Tshimanga too. I guess the most relevant point is we are in the NL.

Actually I'm not entirely right
His goalscoring record at this level was the best (1 in 2) but arguably was second best in the Championship with a goal every 249 minutes. As he went up the leagues more and more appearances are from the bench which skews things..

f as stated Bonnie was in the stands tuesday night My guess is he has been talking to kevin And maybe george Moncur as well if they both came from orient .

šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Yes he was always like that with us 84 1st team games (Some as a sub), 15 goals, but 4 of those were in a FA cup game against Wealdstone in 2015. He always looked menacing in the build up but his finishing was poor, and he quickly lost confidence when things didn't go his way. He certainly showed his worth when with Orient and for a while at Ipswich but, he is very inconsistent.

Yes he was always like that with us 84 1st team games (Some as a sub), 15 goals, but 4 of those were in a FA cup game against Wealdstone in 2015. He always looked menacing in the build up but his finishing was poor, and he quickly lost confidence when things didn't go his way. He certainly showed his worth when with Orient and for a while at Ipswich but, he is very inconsistent.
Also at Charlton in the Championship where he scored 11 in 26+7 in a relegation team moving to QPR in the Championship for Ā£2m early next season.

His goals per minute on the pitch record has been quite decent most times at all levels he has played. I guess if he was consistently doing that there would be zero chance as he would still be in the Championship

Anyway Iā€™m sure an ITK will put us out of our misery and tell us itā€™s all nonsense soon enough..

Why could you not see us paying more? Our top earner will be on easily more than that. To get a player of Tshimangaā€™s quality you have to pay the money. I donā€™t think it would be unreasonable for us to offer to pay Ā£2-Ā£2.5k.

Not saying we should do it but if we want someone of that quality itā€™s what we would be looking to pay.
I'm not saying he isn't worth that, I'm implying we won't pay that. Genuine question, do you think any of our players are actually on what you quote? I can't see any of our players in Ā£2k at this level, with the sustainability drive from COSU. If they are, I can't see us paying the same for another teams player.

Is this a sign, I wonder (probably not, heā€™s just read SZ / X!)... not the main recommendation, but the other link

Normally a fan of Off the Line Blog but think he's a bit off the mark here.

Surely Waldron stays to add depth to the striker position, like on Tuesday when Walker was out we were down to the bare bones.

Agree that the ex worthing lad would've been a good option but would rather have proven strikers than develop a player for another club.

And Bonne to Braintree seems a bit unrealistic given his previous EFL experience and that they've already strengthened with Effiong, AKinde and Powell

Back