• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
TBF I didn't think coulson was that bad in comparison to defenders we have signed in the league over the years.

Imho we have a better squad of players now than a lot of league 2 squads we have had
Agree with the second part but apart from Ridgewell Iā€™m struggling to think of worse defensive performances than Coulson by the time we signed him. He was park standard.

He's a good fit for the attacking midfielder behind a front 2
I think Jack Hazlehurst (Chorley) or Charlie Ruff (Chelmsford) might be a better fit as a central, attack-minded midfielder that scores goals.

Having said that, maybe Olayinka has fully recovered from his severe injury and simply did not settle at Cheltenham Town. As someone said with respect to the signing of Josh Walker, the best signings are not always based on their performances at their most recent club.

Came in just before the transfer window closed in the 21-22 season. This was after Lopata had been recalled by Sheff Utd and weā€™d had a few injuries at the back. It was also around the time we also signed Kenny Clark on loan (the ultimate in forgotten centre-halves) and after Maher had packed off John White to Wimborne on loan.

Gubbins started slowly (we lost his first 3 games, shipping 8 goals in his first two starts and he looked shaky) but showed real improvement and we soon after strung together a string of clean sheets. He was quiet in the sense that whilst he didnā€™t stand out like Lopata had, after the first few games we didnā€™t really have to worry about him.
I'll see your Kenny Clark and raise you with Christian Dailly.

One of our shortcomings last season was being bullied by other teams
A midfield enforcer would be my choice of next signing āœļø

I was thinking about this today. I think we had the best disciplinary record in the league last season - not that I correlate bookings with good play but we have had some cracking midfield players such as Butler & Timlin in the past. And Maher himself wasn't exactly a softie either.

Back