• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Read into it that he has an injury that will keep him out for a few months
Has there been a statement from the manager or club as to why heā€™s missing or to the effect he has a long term injury? Canā€™t see him even being mentioned- got the hallmarks of a stand off over fee or terms (maybe with us maybe someone else). Canā€™t even see a report of him getting injured anywhere? Maybe new arrival will move things along. Who knows?..

Has there been a statement from the manager or club as to why heā€™s missing or to the effect he has a long term injury? Canā€™t see him even being mentioned- got the hallmarks of a stand off over fee or terms (maybe with us maybe someone else). Canā€™t even see a report of him getting injured anywhere? Maybe new arrival will move things along. Who knows?..
Exactly this, there has been nothing official said, I was told that personally by two separate Stones fans. When the player was asked by a fan why he wasn't playing in the York game last week he said he had a tight hamstring, it was that response that found its way on to their social media as the reason for his absence but nothing came out from Club. Only relaying what I have been told.

Exactly this, there has been nothing official said, I was told that personally by two separate Stones fans. When the player was asked by a fan why he wasn't playing in the York game last week he said he had a tight hamstring, it was that response that found its way on to their social media as the reason for his absence but nothing came out from Club. Only relaying what I have been told.
A tight hamstringā€¦I rest my case mā€™ludā€¦.

Personally wouldnā€™t mind Moncur at all. Strikes me as an Elliot Lee when he joined Wrexham

Elliot Lee : 34 L1 games, 3 goals 4 assists (season before joining Wrexham)

Moncur : 35 L1 games, 4 goals 4 assists

Lee didnā€™t turn out too bad!

Not to mention theyā€™ve both played for West Ham, Colchester, Luton and Barnsley

The obvious question marks are over what seems to be the problem surrounding him, but if we can get him playing he will spit goals at this level and could well be the missing piece to the jigsaw

As am I.

Personally wouldnā€™t mind Moncur at all. Strikes me as an Elliot Lee when he joined Wrexham

Elliot Lee : 34 L1 games, 3 goals 4 assists (season before joining Wrexham)

Moncur : 35 L1 games, 4 goals 4 assists

Lee didnā€™t turn out too bad!

Not to mention theyā€™ve both played for West Ham, Colchester, Luton and Barnsley

The obvious question marks are over what seems to be the problem surrounding him, but if we can get him playing he will spit goals at this level and could well be the missing piece to the jigsaw
Very good points. Just looking at his career stats and he has played more than 300 games of his 375 at League One and Championship level. Thatā€™s huge experience and could be a complete game changer for us.

He is a player who, ability wise, quite simply should not be playing in the National League.

Low horizons, Iā€™m afraid. Best moment of my SUFC support was beating Newcastle on New Yearā€™s Day 4 - 0.

I had been home on leave for Christmas from Germany but I had to travel back that day so missed this match. Was over the moon with this result and at that time I was serving in a Regiment that recruited from the N.E. (Newcastle, Sunderland and Teeside) My RSM (Regimental Sergeant Major) was a big magpies fan so I sent him an anonymous condolence card and he went ballistic, it was so funny to watch him open it and see his face. Never knew it was from me though.

Back