• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Does seem a huge risk bringing in Moncur. Rumours of injury/illness and maybe even an attitude problem.. not sure this is the route the management team would go down?
Is this really the best option we have to fill the CM position? Seems to be a player that has lost the hunger for the game, and has done it at a previous club, Hull City. Struggling to get into the Orient team, if he is having problems post Covid, then I wish him a speedy recovery. The lack of fitness and the more important issue of motivation for the game is a massive wake up call to potential clubs taking him on. I know people will say it`s only a loan, but this position of a creative CM is not what we want to be gambling on a player? We need hunger, determination, a good engine to create for our talented forwards to score more goals.
We don`t seem to be attracting players that want to come here, not sure if it`s the budget limitations, which I get with what has been spent on historical debt, etc... or it`s the legacy of the past and will need to time to build our reputation up again. I trust the process and COSU, and if it happens and he shines, I will hold my hands up. I just feel that whoever comes in to that position, is fully fit and ready to hit the ground running, hungry and wants to come and play for us, not just make up the shortfall in his wages.

Is this really the best option we have to fill the CM position? Seems to be a player that has lost the hunger for the game, and has done it at a previous club, Hull City. Struggling to get into the Orient team, if he is having problems post Covid, then I wish him a speedy recovery. The lack of fitness and the more important issue of motivation for the game is a massive wake up call to potential clubs taking him on. I know people will say it`s only a loan, but this position of a creative CM is not what we want to be gambling on a player? We need hunger, determination, a good engine to create for our talented forwards to score more goals.
We don`t seem to be attracting players that want to come here, not sure if it`s the budget limitations, which I get with what has been spent on historical debt, etc... or it`s the legacy of the past and will need to time to build our reputation up again. I trust the process and COSU, and if it happens and he shines, I will hold my hands up. I just feel that whoever comes in to that position, is fully fit and ready to hit the ground running, hungry and wants to come and play for us, not just make up the shortfall in his wages.
Struggling to get in their side?

Played 78 games over last 2 seasons including 35 in league 1 last year.

I suspect he could offer us a lot and that most, if not all, of the clubs in our league would jump at the chance of signing him.

It seems hard to believe that the strengths and weaknesses of both his game and personality will not be well known to both JS and KM & co. My guess is unless they are all in we would not be interested in him. And, as has been noted on this forum many many times before, on the matter of signing players theirs is the only opinion that counts for anything.

Well Moncur certainly has plenty opinions about him from the fans and some of his coaches at his current and previous clubs.
Undoubtedly has excellent technical skills, likes to carry the ball forward, not shy in following the ball into the box and can contribute with goals. Is he the type of midfielder we need, absolutely in my humble opinion.
George over the years has openly shared his Christian beliefs on social media, it is very much part of his personality because he feels he had an experience which to him was a direct message from God. I only mention this because he comes across as a light hearted individual with a sense of humour and that chilled out vibe that those who have found a certain stimulus be it natural or synthetic can achieve. I am sure he loves his football, but it doesn't dominant his life, he is probably as happy kicking a ball around with his kids in the garden as crossing the white line every week! You can easily imagine him switching off from a coach that's to intense or wants to change the way he enjoys playing.
I suppose if we can bring him in, should we? I say yes because I have faith in the 3 Amigos to really know the man not just the player, it would all be about providing him the platform to play his game, nurturing his abilities more than development. One thing I feel for sure is that any move George makes now in his career, from a monetary perspective, is secondary, it's all about feeling it's where he is meant to be. He is in his own way a maverick, so with no disrespect intended, him ending up here is arguably very much in the hands of his God.

Hardly the friendliest of players….barely acknowledges the crowd when he comes out….just the way he is

Probably recognises you and remembers the abuse you gave him on here for his first few months. Hopefully in future yo can look at any young player and try and see their qualities. Rather than insisting one misplaced pass or sliced clearance is proof they need to be playing for Hullbridge :Winking:

Last edited:
Probably recognises you and remembers the abuse you gave him on here for his first few months. Hopefully in future yo can look at any young player and try and see their qualities. Rather than insisting one misplaced pass or sliced clearance is prove they need to be playing for Hullbridge :Winking:
Probably recognises you and remembers the abuse you gave him on here for his first few months. Hopefully in future yo can look at any young player and try and see their qualities. Rather than insisting one misplaced pass or sliced clearance is prove they need to be playing for Hullbridge :Winking:
Says the last man standing that was always sticking up for the rat, good judge you are!

The last comment on that Orient forum seems to imply his injury/health issue could keep him out until next year. Surely cross him off the list if that's the case?
Let's not forget that it's a fans forum, do that may or may not be true. Most fans are in the dark, let's be honest.

Remember Nathaniel-George having 'mental health issues' with us. We will never know if that was true or not. Either way, it was a reason given by fans on the zone for his absence for us. They may have been correct, but he's flourishing now. Moncur may move and flourish again in similar fashion.

As others have said, there is absolutely no way Kev and Co would entertain they idea of recruiting him if they were worried in any way about the things stated by that Orient fan.

well for me get him in , seriously if you lot was at Orient wouldnt you become disinterested, its good that he has strong beliefs i have also. As for having a long health issue with covid i would too if i was at little spammers. He im sure will surprise all you doubters just the sort of attacking midfielder we are crying out for, make him feel at home ,give him encouragement and im sure he will play .
Struggling to get into the side ,he played 35 games for them last season , as for this season what is it 1 week old how can you say hes struggling to get into there side ,perhaps he just wants away ,,there style of football may not be to his liking also maybe he dsent agree with the manager there .

Back