• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Is it possible to get out of this league with a team picked up largely from NL, NLN, NLS and lower ? Stockport, Chesterfield and Wrexham are showing that they had EFL standard players to achieve that.

What about Barrow, Sutton, Harrogate, Grimsby, Bromley, Hartlepool, Macclesfield, Tranmere etc?

Wrexham, Chesterfield and Stockport arenā€™t the only clubs to have been promoted from this division, although you wouldnā€™t realise it reading the Zone. Notts Countyā€™s best player, Langstaff, for example was signed from NLN (they also signed his NLN strike partner, Ced Scott). Rodrigues came from abroad and had no EFL experience.

I really hope Moncur comes ,he will i believe changed the whole dynamics of how we play ,We will go back to playing entertaining football, when you got an attacking midfielder with his talent in your team any manager would want the team to play through him , past two seasons we been playing though Bridge mostly as he has been the one to run at to defenders ,Give us Moncur and we then have two players runnin at the defenders ,thats got to open it up for the likes of Walker and Cardwell.

I've looked. What's out there is hearsay, conjecture and opinions. I do believe he has priorities and football may not be at the very top, but that doesn't automatically equate to an attitude problem.

There will be reasons why a player of his experience and qualities seems to be available to us. It's up to our management team to weigh up the pros and cons.
Agree loads of conjecture on social media and opinions. Fortunately over the last 9 years or so George has posted a number of videos on the Internet expressing his feelings and views on life and football. Most are on YouTube and and it gives you a better perspective of what makes him tick.

George Moncur scored 9 goals and a similar amount of assists in Leyton Orient's L2 title-winning squad in 2022/23, a season after he left Hull with their manager suggesting a lack of drive and desire - and his attitude and application was no worse in the L2 title-winning season than it is now.

He doesn't have a bad attitude as in he's a bad egg, and general drive and desire seems good when he's playing, as evidenced by his performances in L2 for Orient. Desire to put in extra work to better himself or to regain a lost place in the team sounds like it might be lacking.......maybe Kev and Co. would get that back out of him?

Technically though, he is a cut above this division and possibly above much of L2 as well, and I think he could really level-up the quality of our build-up play and final third play.

I'd also trust Kev and John Still to make sound judgements. They want a particular type of character, and they heavily reasearch around their targets, and if there was anything truly worrying.......we'd have dropped any interest a long time ago.

George Moncur scored 9 goals and a similar amount of assists in Leyton Orient's L2 title-winning squad in 2022/23, a season after he left Hull with their manager suggesting a lack of drive and desire - and his attitude and application was no worse in the L2 title-winning season than it is now.

He doesn't have a bad attitude as in he's a bad egg, and general drive and desire seems good when he's playing, as evidenced by his performances in L2 for Orient. Desire to put in extra work to better himself or to regain a lost place in the team sounds like it might be lacking.......maybe Kev and Co. would get that back out of him?

Technically though, he is a cut above this division and possibly above much of L2 as well, and I think he could really level-up the quality of our build-up play and final third play.

I'd also trust Kev and John Still to make sound judgements. They want a particular type of character, and they heavily reasearch around their targets, and if there was anything truly worrying.......we'd have dropped any interest a long time ago.
Any chance heā€™ll sign before Tuesday ?

SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Maher feels the Shrimpers started the National League season behind their rivals.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links
Okay.. yes.. but you have to admit the tactics put in place yesterday were never going to win a game? From the outset were defending and relying on a lucky opportunity, that even if we do get, weā€™re missing them anyways.

Weā€™re a few players short, but youā€™ve left the most creative player on the bench and play out from a 3 at the back, youā€™re already making your bed at that point.

Okay.. yes.. but you have to admit the tactics put in place yesterday were never going to win a game? From the outset were defending and relying on a lucky opportunity, that even if we do get, weā€™re missing them anyways.

Weā€™re a few players short, but youā€™ve left the most creative player on the bench and play out from a 3 at the back, youā€™re already making your bed at that point.
The tactic was to keep to 0-0 and bring the creative players on with 30 to go. Given it was 0-0 after 60 mins and then we created several good chances, it seems that the tactic was maybe not exciting but it worked. What was missing was the finishing as you suggest

Playing out from a 3 at the back is a) not negative, and b) the foundation of the way we play. May as well get used to it!

From my Orient mate, now lives in Spain but comes over a fair bit to see the Oā€™s

You really want to stay clear of George.....big wage earner with a poor attitude..he came on as a sub a couple of times last season,and got subbed himself....lacks dedication and commitment.... hopefully you will take him....

From my Orient mate, now lives in Spain but comes over a fair bit to see the Oā€™s

You really want to stay clear of George.....big wage earner with a poor attitude..he came on as a sub a couple of times last season,and got subbed himself....lacks dedication and commitment.... hopefully you will take him....
I'd want to get subbed off playing for those spammer mugs.

And from my O's-supporting mate:

"He is a deeply religious person and has quite a hardcore IG account with daily bible verses. He is also a classic Essex jack the lad at the same time which makes him an interesting character. He is a luxury player. If you've got bite and running around him, his ball control and vision is amazing.

He looked better than Lge 2 when we won the league, but he just never made the step last year and you could tell Richie Wellens had given up on him. Didn't go on the pre season to Marbella so we all know he's on the way out - I'd heard Col Ewe so if you snatch him that's hilarious!! He could not be a more different player than Maher was.

He has the best close ball control of anyone I can remember in an Orient shirt - feels like it would be a good fit too. Have you been making any other big money signings?

A good solution for all three parties in my view. We're not giving you a dud, but he needs some work."

And from my O's-supporting mate:

"He is a deeply religious person and has quite a hardcore IG account with daily bible verses. He is also a classic Essex jack the lad at the same time which makes him an interesting character. He is a luxury player. If you've got bite and running around him, his ball control and vision is amazing.

He looked better than Lge 2 when we won the league, but he just never made the step last year and you could tell Richie Wellens had given up on him. Didn't go on the pre season to Marbella so we all know he's on the way out - I'd heard Col Ewe so if you snatch him that's hilarious!! He could not be a more different player than Maher was.

He has the best close ball control of anyone I can remember in an Orient shirt - feels like it would be a good fit too. Have you been making any other big money signings?

A good solution for all three parties in my view. We're not giving you a dud, but he needs some work."
That summary perfectly sums up why we'd be interested but also why we even have a chance. I've seen enough from Kev and Co, specifically co, that shows they can man manage and out the cliche arm round the shoulder. We most certainly have the legs of Husin, Miley and Coker to do the ugly stuff if it means he adds the killer ball.

I might add that I have faith in Kev and John still so if they think he can do a job for us thatā€™s good enough for me. Orient wouldnā€™t be the first fan base to slate a player looking to leave

From my orient supporting mate;
ā€œHe brings an entourage from his flock to pray on the pitch before some gamesā€

Back