• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
I would say COSU are ambitious, after all they are all Southend United supporters. Didn't help that we couldn't be active in the Transfer Market for a number of weeks at completely the wrong time.

The playing side is important without doubt, but we also play in a Stadium that is in dire need of some TLC. Everything needs to happen yesterday, but unfortunately in the real world that doesn't happen.

Just a shame the way the fixtures have fallen, we have to play sides we need to be taking points off straightaway. We will be okay, once a bit more depth is added to the squad. Fingers and toes crossed we don't pick up any injuries in the next couple of weeks.

The thing that sprung to mind was when arsenal moved to the Emirates.

It was a massive drain on their spending power for years and they weren't the power they once were.

Obviously not saying we are arsenal but that even top teams can be drained for sake of infrastructure.

This is the balance that's needed.

But the team being competitive at the top end of the table is vital to matchday income.

i think a lot of clubs in the NL dont really want us to get promoted and will try there best to not sell players to us unless they get a very good deal ,our5 away support is money in the bank to them and they wont want to lose that unless the deal for one off there players is very good .
, They will play hardball im sure with us .We probably best looking at free agents theres plenty out there and very capable to play decent football at this level. Yes wages maybe a problem

i think a lot of clubs in the NL dont really want us to get promoted and will try there best to not sell players to us unless they get a very good deal ,our5 away support is money in the bank to them and they wont want to lose that unless the deal for one off there players is very good .
, They will play hardball im sure with us .We probably best looking at free agents theres plenty out there and very capable to play decent football at this level. Yes wages maybe a problem
Add to that clubs knowing we have new owners, and (some) money to spend

I doubt that very much.

Most NL clubs will want Southend out of the league as they will perceive it increases their own chance of success in following seasons.

The additional income for them of a large away following is only 1 game to them, it will obviously help their balance sheet a bit but doubt it’s a game changer for them (especially when a large away following probably means a significant additional cost to them in staff, stewards etc etc.

We haven't even preheated the oven. We're at that stage where you're looking at the little whiteboard on the fridge with the weeks meal plans on, deciding on whether you will stick to the current shade of beige tonight's dinner will be, or whether to spice you'll and have Saturday's dinner early.

I doubt that very much.

Most NL clubs will want Southend out of the league as they will perceive it increases their own chance of success in following seasons.

The additional income for them of a large away following is only 1 game to them, it will obviously help their balance sheet a bit but doubt it’s a game changer for them (especially when a large away following probably means a significant additional cost to them in staff, stewards etc etc.
I suspect some clubs might take this view, but I don't necessarily think all - or even most - will.

The bigger ex-league sides (Wrexham, Notts County, Chesterfield, Oldham, us etc) have really increased the profile and attention the 5th tier gets in the last few years. If ourselves and Oldham depart the 5th tier and are replaced with 'less attractive' sides commercially (can of worms there as to what constitutes 'attractive' but you take the point) then things like TV deals and other sponsorships - at league and club level - could take a hit. It's not just a few extra fans once a season that these so-called bigger draw teams contribute to the overall financial picture.

Sides like Solihull and Gateshead, who operate on Alice in Wonderland finances and want success at all costs, will agree with you, I reckon. I suspect others like Maidenhead etc will be more of the view stewart and I have described.

problem being the **** left us in a right pickle regarding free agents. we're well behind where we'd need to be on that score because so many will have been snapped up. it'll be another season before we're in a position to make the most of free agents

Back