• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Iā€™m a little disappointed and surprised that we havenā€™t added to the squad this week further as last weekends performance showed the obviously gaps we have in the squad, as Kev alluded to himself. Iā€™m by no means at the panic stage though and believe we will see a few more in before the games start coming thick and fast.

I was hoping though for at least one or two this week gone as tomorrow Iā€™m getting married and then jetting off for a couple of weeks so will try and avoid all things ā€œlifeā€ whilst Iā€™m away. Im hoping to return with the blues still unbeaten with a few new faces in the team but hereā€™s hoping.

I just found it all a bit weird. I hope the new GK coach puts his own stamp on things and seemed to just be going through what Collin wanted to do

A good keeper coach would be taking the lead from his keeper when it comes to pre-match warm-ups. Thatā€™s as much about getting the keeper mentally right as getting him physically ready and Collin is coming off a highly successful season. Mixing up his pre-match rituals just to put your own stamp on things is not a good idea.

Itā€™ll be more noticeable because thatā€™s probably the first game theyā€™ve worked together so heā€™s not familiar with Collinā€™s pre-match routine. Maybe he adds to it over time but the time for GKing coachā€™s input is for midweek or post game not immediately before a match.

I know it's been difficult for us and we were late to be able to add players, but extremely disappointing we haven't been able to get anyone in.

I don't know if any of these rumours are true but some League 2 (Division 4) experience in the midfield would not go amiss as far as I am concerned.

I remember a game against Hartlepool some years ago - they had just signed an aging midfielder on loan from Leeds (I think) & this chap didn't do a lot of running - he just seemed to know where the ball was going to be & he ran the show.

What is our budget?
How much of the budget is being used?
How does that compare to other clubs in the NL?
How does that compare to other clubs in League 2?
How much can we expect the budget to change in the next couple of years?

I know it's been difficult for us and we were late to be able to add players, but extremely disappointing we haven't been able to get anyone in.
Absolutely. Can't believe we didn't sign just any player just to say we signed somebody. Disgraceful how the club seem to be holding out for who they perceive to be the 'right' player. COSU out. Maher out. Still out.

Last edited:
Iā€™m a little disappointed and surprised that we havenā€™t added to the squad this week further as last weekends performance showed the obviously gaps we have in the squad, as Kev alluded to himself. Iā€™m by no means at the panic stage though and believe we will see a few more in before the games start coming thick and fast.

I was hoping though for at least one or two this week gone as tomorrow Iā€™m getting married and then jetting off for a couple of weeks so will try and avoid all things ā€œlifeā€ whilst Iā€™m away. Im hoping to return with the blues still unbeaten with a few new faces in the team but hereā€™s hoping.
Congratulations buddy šŸ‘

Back