• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
One that’s been mentioned on here a few times.

Perhaps we can get him on loan from the Hammers now?

Wow, quite the move for him. He must've really impressed. I think he was a name that had been mentioned behind the scenes. Scored shedloads for Worthing youth teams and then bagged 7 in 11 when he broke into the first team towards the end of last season. Got a good future ahead of him I think.

Wow, quite the move for him. He must've really impressed. I think he was a name that had been mentioned behind the scenes. Scored shedloads for Worthing youth teams and then bagged 7 in 11 when he broke into the first team towards the end of last season. Got a good future ahead of him I think.

His name was mentioned but was never, ever a realistic target as this move has shown. I think he was more a target as a loan from his “big” move.

Whether West Ham would allow him out on loan, and if they did whether they’d loan him to us and this level, who knows?

problem being the **** left us in a right pickle regarding free agents. we're well behind where we'd need to be on that score because so many will have been snapped up. it'll be another season before we're in a position to make the most of free agents

Won't there be players who will "come free" over the next month as they realise that they are not a key part of their current club's plans for the year?

And will there also be players that will be available for loan in the next few weeks as clubs decide who is currently surplus to requirement?

Won't there be players who will "come free" over the next month as they realise that they are not a key part of their current club's plans for the year?

And will there also be players that will be available for loan in the next few weeks as clubs decide who is currently surplus to requirement?
fair points, but i was meaning we're then being reactive to what becomes available rather than being able to be proactive and shape what sort of squad we want

The next obvious deadline that will drive movement is at the end of this month and EFL window- especially re the Tshimsngas and Moncurs of this world- so a couple of weeks yet- although as they will want to bring others in you would have thought not right to the very very last…

He was probably answering that directly in response to the LS rumour and Wealdstone tweet.
I thought that too. Who knows though? Its easy for us to put all these snippets together and expect some perfect alignment of meaning, adding 2 and 2 to get 58.

If a member of club staff leaves suddenly, then that might add a bit more fuel to the suggestion that the Wealdstone / Thingumy (forgotten his name already!) rumour was planted to flush out a mole!

The thing that sprung to mind was when arsenal moved to the Emirates.

It was a massive drain on their spending power for years and they weren't the power they once were.

Obviously not saying we are Arsenal but that even top teams can be drained for sake of infrastructure.

This is the balance that's needed.

But the team being competitive at the top end of the table is vital to matchday income.
We play a bit like Arsenal sometimes, trying to pass the ball into the net :Winking:

It’s interesting that compensation is mentioned in the Hull article. My understanding is there is now no obligation to pay compensation to us now with our change in academy set up. Seems an absolutely broken system to be honest.

We were told that some clubs still opt to pay a fee as a gesture of goodwill so would assume this is what has happened here.

Back