• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Little couple mins of that GK target canā€™t always go by these I know but looked good shot stopper as well as being confident with ball with feet imo ā€¦

Is the view that Colin is off actually based on anything other than a hunch
I had a gut feeling about Collin moving on maybe sooner than later, hope this is not the case but if the conditions of the loan are games played then that's 1st choice keeper! Doesn't fit otherwise to my thinking!
As per my previous post just a personal gut feeling which I hope comes to nothing. I think what stirs it for me was Dave Martin moving to Ipswich as a goalkeeping coach and Ipswich did scout Collin last season, no substance just a touch of personal anxiety that's all.

Think I agree with Kev in having competition for goalkeepers is vital, if this lad has qualities Colin doesn't and vice versa theres nothing wrong with keepers fighting for their place. Also on the other side of the fence Colin has been immense for us and doesnt deserve to be dropped but competition for a goalkeeper should be the same as any other position IMO.

The name I had was correct, as a few people can testify too.

As I said then, and earlier today, Iā€™m still not expecting him to be the goalkeeper that comes in.

He had an excellent spell at Gloucester City last season, so a step up to the National League makes sense. Fits the bill as a goalkeeper who is good with their feet too.
IMG_6462.jpeg

Once again a club paid stupid money and wages for a player with a year to run and are now surprised when no-one whatā€™s to help out by picking up the stupid wages when he is surplus to requirementsā€¦.

I see the Peterborough chairman is angry they have reached the wage cap and has the same problem with Tshimanga- now threatening him with a season in the u21sā€¦in both cases itā€™s not the players fault and in both cases when the tantrum is over they will have to take a haircut- thatā€™s not to say we will be the beneficiary in either caseā€¦

Once again a club paid stupid money and wages for a player with a year to run and are now surprised when no-one whatā€™s to help out by picking up the stupid wages when he is surplus to requirementsā€¦.

I see the Peterborough chairman is angry they have reached the wage cap and has the same problem with Tshimanga- now threatening him with a season in the u21sā€¦in both cases itā€™s not the players fault and in both cases when the tantrum is over they will have to take a haircut- thatā€™s not to say we will be the beneficiary in either caseā€¦
As Kieran Maguire said on POF, players are commodities now. Club not loyal to player and player not loyal to club. He was talking about homegrown players and their value as a sale in financial fair play but holds true. You paid him that wage and gave him that contract not their fault. Player within rights to say fine pay me off or Iā€™ll stay and play in the reserves IMO. Winston Bogarde did that for like 5 years at Chelski.

Yes George was at Hull City and Luton before that so they had to pay him a high salary to encourage a move down to Orient, rumour has it he is their best paid player on a basic salary of Ā£4K a week, madness!

Yes George was at Hull City and Luton before that so they had to pay him a high salary to encourage a move down to Orient, rumour has it he is their best paid player on a basic salary of Ā£4K a week, madness!
Heā€™s on a big wedge to say the least. Orient need to do whatā€™s right and accept they screwed up on the contract they gave him.

Heard this one the other week along with Tshimanga.

Both are high earners and Moncur is rumoured to be on 4k+ per week. I doubt we would pay half of that. A lot of their fans think he is over weight and has an attitude problem. Seems odd that he played so many games for them.

Heard this one the other week along with Tshimanga.

Both are high earners and Moncur is rumoured to be on 4k+ per week. I doubt we would pay half of that. A lot of their fans think he is over weight and has an attitude problem. Seems odd that he played so many games for them.
Guy has the quality but definitely big question marks on his attitude to the game. Doubt anyone at SUFC will tolerate players not pulling their weight

Heard about this a couple weeks back as got few people who support os..

One of them said this
He's a great player on his day, but something's not right with him, doesn't seem to want to stay fit for some reason then he's blowing out his arse after 20 mins

Back