• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Evidence last season suggests he's not going to be the answer. We've still go the exact same midfield makeup as last season and we still have the same issues.
I'm surprised people are so concerned about Saturday. Jack Bridge clearly won't be playing in the midfield 3 for long. He'll be back out wide creating chances once we have some cover in there. No Fonguck and Husin does make a big difference, the other options we have are very workmanlike which is why Maher tried to use Bridge in there - which I doubt he'll want to do again.

No, Saturday didn't work but the squad is not complete yet. At least we can make signings and we have also yet to use the loan market, so there's absolutely no need to be concerned at this point.

I'm surprised people are so concerned about Saturday. Jack Bridge clearly won't be playing in the midfield 3 for long. He'll be back out wide creating chances once we have some cover in there. No Fonguck and Husin does make a big difference, the other options we have are very workmanlike which is why Maher tried to use Bridge in there - which I doubt he'll want to do again.

No, Saturday didn't work but the squad is not complete yet. At least we can make signings and we have also yet to use the loan market, so there's absolutely no need to be concerned at this point.
Isn’t this where Wood should be shining? Or do I have his position wrong? Even Coker?

This is a very valid point. We are once again playing catch up in our recruitment due to one Rat.
Yes we may have missed some targets but let's see how August and September pan out as I am sure we are looking at loan options as well as perm deals.
Our fixtures up to the end of September sees us play some of the teams we consider to be challenging for promotion this season, so not the easiest starts to the season. Most of these teams have been active in the transfer Market so may be a good time to play them, but we do and will need additional bodies.

I think CP said terms were offered to Pedder, but they hadn't been accepted yet?
@Medway Blue is referring to another deal involving a striker "With National League experience"

Talks with Pedder are on-going, with some suggesting they are a little way apart with wages.

Plus there is the GK "On the books of a League One side"...that is also on the radar.

There are others that we don't know about also.

I'd be surprised if we didn't have at least one more attacking option available, before Hartlepool. But, it's a tricky time out there in the transfer world, with many moving parts that can have huge bearings on potential deals. We just have to sit tight and trust the process. They know what they are doing.

@Medway Blue is referring to another deal involving a striker "With National League experience"

Talks with Pedder are on-going, with some suggesting they are a little way apart with wages.

Plus there is the GK "On the books of a League One side"...that is also on the radar.

I'd be surprised if we didn't have at least one more attacking option available, before Hartlepool. But, it's a tricky time out there in the transfer world, with many moving parts that can have huge bearings on potential deals. We just have to sit tight and trust the process. They know what they are doing.
Great. So who is it????

Dackers came off the bench on 60 minutes for Salford on Saturday, if the deal was nearly over the line on Friday I would be surprised if he was the striker with national league experience.

Dackers came off the bench on 60 minutes for Salford on Saturday, if the deal was nearly over the line on Friday I would be surprised if he was the striker with national league experience.

It wasn’t Dackers.

I haven’t managed to get the name yet, but it isn’t Dackers. As for “that” account on Twitter, please block it. It’s nonsense.

For what it’s worth, the goalkeeper on the books of a League One club, isn’t the guy who I think we will bring in of the goalkeeper options.

I could be wrong, but the goalkeeping one has been ever changing. Obviously Hillson ties us over for a bit.

Still expect to see Pedder and a centre forward in.

Although another striker is obviously needed to add to the competition. A pairing of Cardwell and Walker is more than good enough for the moment, provided they stay fit and well. More important we get a forward thinking midfield player through the door.

Back