• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
Morrison would i think be out of our price range when it comes to wages ,but that Adelukan sounds good also the Brazilian winger played at Sheffield United. there was an AM 31 years old Irishman that on the read could do a very good job for us also O brian i think his name was ., yes there was some very good CD but think we well off in that position.
Can’t believe Morrison is playing in a trialist game! Hardly an unknown quantity and must be what, 35 by now?!

Can’t believe Morrison is playing in a trialist game! Hardly an unknown quantity and must be what, 35 by now?!
31 such a wasted talent. The stick Fergie got when he released him, the man knew he was right on that one. Stinking attitude that has let his career down.

31 such a wasted talent. The stick Fergie got when he released him, the man knew he was right on that one. Stinking attitude that has let his career down.
I think there is more to this than just his attitude. He has special needs for a start. Football is one of those unfortunate businesses which dont tend to accept that players are different for these reasons and they get seen as a trouble maker rather than anything else. What a player though.

I think there is more to this than just his attitude. He has special needs for a start. Football is one of those unfortunate businesses which dont tend to accept that players are different for these reasons and they get seen as a trouble maker rather than anything else. What a player though.
ADHD, I never knew that! Had to google it.

But that isn’t an excuse for witness intimidation, using derogatory terms in social media, assault and all his other criminal activity.

What do we reckon then? Pedder in before Hartlepool or maybe another too?
Whether its Pedder or someone else, keep shuffling the current pack in midfield I doubt will work. A return of Husin might help, but its a big ask.

York were a very small team, 1 big defender and 1 big striker. Gus scores from a header on 15 mins & I don't we created another clear headed chance all game. When you have a mismatch - which we absolutely did - you have to exploit it. We played solid but didn't deserve to win, we just don't create enough chances.

We need creativity - Bridge in the 10 role didn't work & can't see it working.

You need to take risks in football matches and we don't.

Noor returning won't change much - we need pace and trickery.

Out team was better that period than it is today Harrison neale Zack brunt lopata Hobson clear upgrades that the players we have brought in to replace .. Kensdale lovely lad just look at his marking for their goal he’s not as good as you
All think … I’ll cherish them all but at some point we have to decide if we want to be a non league charity club or have aspiration to return to the football league again at some point the gates will stop increasing
Yet so many people seem to think our players could play at a higher level and we are lucky to have their service. I've seen people say Ralph is League One standard. They're at this level for a reason, and for quite a few of them this is their ceiling of their career, and that's fine, but the sooner we come to terms with it the better. The players aren't under-performing, we are just a playoff contending team.

I think Kev is doing well to get a tune out of most of them, but it's clear that they lack the composure to play out his tactics for the full 90.

I look back at bang average League Two midfielders, like Matthew Lund. He would get in above any of ours with ease. I honestly think we need 2 box-to-box midfielders to play alongside Miley. I don't think Oli or Noor are the answer to this.

I think husin will make quite a big difference when fit. Of the midfield he has the most ability to go around a player and drive forward. Also tends to be the one not afraid to have a pop from outside the box.
if it were possible id like to see an older head with experience brought in to see out games and take control on the pitch at key times. Can't see that being possible though. all the shouting from the touchline simply doesn't compare to being on the pitch and controlling things.

Most players got a rise and we signed Josh Walker who won't be cheap. Our budget I think was £1.4m but they wanted to reduce that. I thought they said by 20%?

If the aim is to not overspend I think that's fair enough, but in the same respect I think us as fans and the board would need to temper our expectations by 20% as well which I guess would mean mid table.

I think husin will make quite a big difference when fit. Of the midfield he has the most ability to go around a player and drive forward. Also tends to be the one not afraid to have a pop from outside the box.
if it were possible id like to see an older head with experience brought in to see out games and take control on the pitch at key times. Can't see that being possible though. all the shouting from the touchline simply doesn't compare to being on the pitch and controlling things.
Evidence last season suggests he's not going to be the answer. We've still go the exact same midfield makeup as last season and we still have the same issues.

As much as we all love a striker signing, really isnt the answer. Cardwell has shown he's very good at this level, Walker (albeit didnt have a good game) should prove to be an excellent acquisition and Waldron is handy off the bench. Another "big" name striker isnt going to help us when there is little service.

I'd rather see us sign someone like a Dackers (or like we did with Sandat on loan) and put the budget into someone who is going to create the chances.

Back