• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
I think husin will make quite a big difference when fit. Of the midfield he has the most ability to go around a player and drive forward. Also tends to be the one not afraid to have a pop from outside the box.
if it were possible id like to see an older head with experience brought in to see out games and take control on the pitch at key times. Can't see that being possible though. all the shouting from the touchline simply doesn't compare to being on the pitch and controlling things.
100%. He's also the one that looks for the killer forward pass. We need another option in that role.

From what I can see is that we lost several players and brought in 2 players.

One is a striker who will do a good job the other a defender who is far better in the middle than on the left side.

The midfield is completely unchanged and less attacking after releasing the one player who liked to run with the ball.

The forward line, although improved has lost a players who pressed for fun.

As things stand, I'd say this squad is slightly behind last year's squad. That is a big worry for me.

This is an open league this season and we should be kicking on.

If we are to spend money then an attacking midfielder who can score goals is essential.. Someone like wordsworth or Bailey is what is required.

Well have to agree with many on here, Our main priority should be 1 or 2 attacking midfielders,if Pedder is one then we still require a second , plus another decent striker. Playing square pegs in round holes dosent work 90% of the time ( ala bridge last Saturday ). Hopefully most can now see at present a playoff position is the most we can expect.

What's concerning me more is the amount of people ****ting themselves after drawing 1-1 with one of the fancied teams following a delayed start to being able to open our transfer business.

I was actually expecting us to lose
I think there's a few reasons for this. Last season we had a similar (worse) build up and turned up and smashed Oldham 4-0. Feel good factor with the takeover. I think people expected us to play as we did at times last season and dominate more, when what we saw was a tweak in positions - I assume to accommodate Husin/Wes being absent and no attacking centre mid brought in - and a gameplan that didn't unfortunately work as York were right on top of it.

The great thing about a football season is you never have to wait long to put things right in the next game and I'm sure the lads will want to do that. But Kev has made it clear he needs more in the door and that was pretty clear to see .. we lack in certain areas. Maybe good we had a wake up call so early, a win would've papered over the cracks.

I think there's a few reasons for this. Last season we had a similar (worse) build up and turned up and smashed Oldham 4-0. Feel good factor with the takeover. I think people expected us to play as we did at times last season and dominate more, when what we saw was a tweak in positions - I assume to accommodate Husin/Wes being absent and no attacking centre mid brought in - and a gameplan that didn't unfortunately work as York were right on top of it.

The great thing about a football season is you never have to wait long to put things right in the next game and I'm sure the lads will want to do that. But Kev has made it clear he needs more in the door and that was pretty clear to see .. we lack in certain areas. Maybe good we had a wake up call so early, a win would've papered over the cracks.
That's the thing with football you cannot expect anything. People need to chill. Again, this weekend I'm thinking we might lose. With people's reactions to the Saturday just gone I don't think I'd be surprised to see Maher out calls if we were to go on and lose.

Saying that I do think playing Bridge in 10 is the most ridiculous thing and I've said that time and again. Why move your most effective player from his most effective position - stupid.

What's concerning me more is the amount of people ****ting themselves after drawing 1-1 with one of the fancied teams following a delayed start to being able to open our transfer business.

I was actually expecting us to lose
Agree with you, good job Barnet isn't their Club. All those players signed and then lose the opening game, they would have gone into meltdown.

That's the thing with football you cannot expect anything. People need to chill. Again, this weekend I'm thinking we might lose. With people's reactions to the Saturday just gone I don't think I'd be surprised to see Maher out calls if we were to go on and lose.

Saying that I do think playing Bridge in 10 is the most ridiculous thing and I've said that time and again. Why move your most effective player from his most effective position - stupid.
Would say that moving Bridge was a gamble, but Kevin had to take that chance. We are short of numbers and people have already decided Morton and Miley do a similar job. Can't see it happening again.

Yet so many people seem to think our players could play at a higher level and we are lucky to have their service. I've seen people say Ralph is League One standard. They're at this level for a reason, and for quite a few of them this is their ceiling of their career, and that's fine, but the sooner we come to terms with it the better. The players aren't under-performing, we are just a playoff contending team.

I think Kev is doing well to get a tune out of most of them, but it's clear that they lack the composure to play out his tactics for the full 90.

I look back at bang average League Two midfielders, like Matthew Lund. He would get in above any of ours with ease. I honestly think we need 2 box-to-box midfielders to play alongside Miley. I don't think Oli or Noor are the answer to this.
Then surely the idea would be to change tactics to something they can do.

someone has told me we are signing a striker basically done .But don’t know if there just basing it of that transfer twitter account or if we really are be good if could get an am and a striker by Hartlepool.

someone has told me we are signing a striker basically done .But don’t know if there just basing it of that transfer twitter account or if we really are be good if could get an am and a striker by Hartlepool.
It was near enough done on Friday, but they couldn't quite get it over the line in time for the weekend.

Back